Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When should a first year book accomodation?

Options
  • 08-06-2011 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Okay so im an incoming first year (as long as i get the pointstongue.gif) and was wondering when should i put down the deposit for the accomodation i want to stay im plassey so should i apply soon any help please????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭corridon69

Apply straight away and pay deposit you will only lose 50 out of the deposit if you end up not staying there, I stayed there myself when I was in first year the best place to stay to make friends !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

fitz1011 wrote: »
    Okay so im an incoming first year (as long as i get the pointstongue.gif) and was wondering when should i put down the deposit for the accomodation i want to stay im plassey so should i apply soon any help please????

Last Christmas :D

(I did mine in Feburary I think). Just book now though, the worst that can happen is you loose €50 and have to go somewhere else. You get €200 of the €250 deposit back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lolzers

I thought Brookfield Hall was excellent,great buzz around the place they still have places left I was in last week booking for next semester, have a look on www.brookfieldhall.com... good place for first years:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Brookfield is terrible!

Go to Plassey or Kilmurry (More so plassey) if you going to first year and do it as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

lolzers wrote: »
    I thought Brookfield Hall was excellent,great buzz around the place they still have places left I was in last week booking for next semester, have a look on www.brookfieldhall.com... good place for first years:)

You could live in Cois Ghruda. Better quality place and you can take a short cut through Brookfield hall on the way to college.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lolzers

Seloth wrote: »
    Brookfield is terrible!

Go to Plassey or Kilmurry (More so plassey) if you going to first year and do it as soon as possible.

Brookfield isnt terrible.I think its the best off campus apartments. Well built, well furnished and good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

lolzers wrote: »
    Brookfield isnt terrible.I think its the best off campus apartments. Well built, well furnished and good fun.

Not for a first year though!

The majority of people I know down there from all different years or have been there before aren't fond of it.

Dont get me wrong like if you like it you like it but for a first year go to plassey or Kilmurry as they are primarily first year places.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭PunkFreud

I'd definately recommend Plassey or Kilmurry. They're a great place to make friends and they're close to college too.

I wouldn't recommend Brookfield for a first year. While it probably is the best off campus accomodation, it is well off campus. You've to get a bus in to college. Plassey is 10 mins walk and Kilmurry is even less. Better craic in the them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Iammwa

Plassey is a complete hole and is, therefore, the best possible place to live as a first year. (Kilmurry isn't far off it of course)

I lived in Plassey in first year and I'm still great friends with the people I lived with (7 other lads! :eek:) nearly 3 years later! It was a pretty crazy time, lots of parties and getting in trouble with the campus security, community service. Many trips to the spar two minutes away for sandwiches when we couldn't be bothered to cook and many, many trips to what used to be Champers.

I would suggest that if you can't get a place in either Plassey or Kilmurry you make friends with people there cause there's nothing like sitting out on the lawn with a bunch of friends (and friends of friends etc.) with music playing out of a neighbours window, having a few coronas on a sunny St. Patricks Day and then playing songs and having sing-alongs until sunset. One of my fondest memories.

EDIT: I just realised this topic has ended up as an argument over the best place to live!

On Topic: Always book your accommodation as early as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Iammwa wrote: »
    Plassey is a complete hole and is, therefore, the best possible place to live as a first year. (Kilmurry isn't far off it of course)
    I normally don't but when they've done this to half of them already and are spending another €3 million this summer on refurbishments in 3 villages I have to update the view

http://www.studentliving.ul.ie/index.jsp?p=143&n=155

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dingledodger

I really liked Brookfield Hall,,,got a balcony apartment it was huge and we always got the laugh.I cant really fault the place,,should be considered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Plassey and Kilmurry are no longer holes after the renovations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

They have flat screens TV

Advertisement