Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I can see blocked person's photos

• 08-06-2011 6:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭

I have a person blocked on my Facebook, but I realise today that I can see a few photos they have uploaded because a mutual friend between us is tagged. I assume it is this person, the album just says Facebook Users Pics, and I can assume by who was in the photos.

My question is, does this mean that if mutual friends are tagged in my photos this blocked person can see them? I have everything on my Facebook on private, set to friends only. But I'm not sure about when a friend tags themself in my photos.

I looked just now through my tagged photos. There is another person who took the initiative to block me, but I can still see photos of myself that are tagged in their albums.

Just an update- I blocked this person about a month ago, and I remember friend's being tagged in an album around that time. I can no longer see these tagged photos, its just the recent ones of a few days ago.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Seems that there might be a loophole there.

If friends are tagged in photos that belong to people that you are not friends with you would still be able to see them but AFAIK it's limited to those photos only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 IrishCalypso

With Facebook sometimes its the case of the weakest link.. you can have strict privacy settings but if you are in a photo with a friend who has few or no privacy settings then they are leaving people access to the photo.

As Brian said, Everyone tagged in a photo can see it whether you are "friends" or not. At least when you are tagged in a photo you are made aware that it exists, if there is a big problem you can always contact the person who owns the photo and try to work something out.

You should be able to untag yourself - try it. Once you're untagged you can't be tagged again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I am just worried that the person I have blocked can see photos I have posted, since I can see his. Not much I can do about photos of me in other people's albums.

I also noticed that once a person has blocked you, or you have blocked them, I can no longer un-tag them from my photos, in fact the tag no longer even shows, its just I can remember them. Now they continue to have access to those photos of mine.

Guess I'll just have to live with it, guy is super creepy though!

Thanks for answering :)

I was in looking at my own privacy settings this evening and I noticed this option:

"Let friends of people tagged in my photos and posts see them".

You can check/uncheck the above which may help you situation. Not sure if this option was always there (probably was) but it may be relevant to you. But I guess that if you and a mutual of the blocked person are tagged in the same photo he/she may be able to see you by default. Obviously they'll recognaise you without the tag!

Also, FB has introduced facial recognition which be default is 'on'. You may or may may not want to disable this. If you do want to here's how.

It's probably a good time to review your privacy settings - I have mine all customised and locked down to 'friends only,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

a person im friends with(none of my other friends are friends with this person by the way) tagged me in a photo and i can see it in photos-photos im tagged in, when im on my page but when looking at my photos from another friends account that photo cant be seen by that persons account some other photos arent visable to them aswell and i allow friends to see photos im tagged in, so i think its the person who uploaded the photos settings which allow the visablity to friends of friends etc. if that helps you any

Advertisement