Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus warranty for import

Options
  • 08-06-2011 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy an 09 Ford Focus Hatchback. 1.8 TDCI zetec.

After a look on carzone and autotrader, it seems buying it here would cost approx. €16,000

Buying up north would be approx £10,000 (€11,300) and then allow €2200 for VRT - coming to €13500.

My only issue is with warranty. Do fords come with a 3 year warranty? If so, would I get a year left on the an '09 focus, and could I bring it to a ford dealer here if something went wrong?

Basically, I would want a years warranty, and I don't want to have to bring it up north if something goes wrong!!

Thanks for any advice! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yes I called Ford Ireland before and they said that Ford dealers should honour the same warranty. Any problems just ring Ford Ireland 0214329290

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

AFAIK Fords here come with 2 years warranty so that extra year wouldnt stand here. Thats the way VW do it anyway.

Advertisement