Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouthReach

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭CraftySue

Hi Beansontoast12, when you say getting involved in Youthreach, will it be on a teaching contract or resource person contract.?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 beansontoast12

I would be aiming for a teaching contract. If I can't get the teaching contract I would need to take a part time subbing position somewhere else (To make up my teaching hours). But I was told that they(youthreach) would usually be flexible in that regard.

Addition: I am graduating in August, was holding off on looking for specific posts until after exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭CraftySue

If it's a resource person contract - it's more hours, more work and less money and could be difficult to fit in part time subbing. If it's a teaching contract - it's fine. You could be teaching Junior Cert, QQI modules and/or LCA to small groups of between 8-12 people. Don't sign a contract until your fully sure, and ideally get a union member to give it the once over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 beansontoast12

That's excellent advice, thank you very much.

Advertisement