Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Vision of Viewpoint!

• 08-06-2011 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

Sorry for the new thread but couldnt find an answer..
    I'm covering
    Inside I'm Dancing
    The Kite Runner
    and How Many Miles To Babylon.
    Just wondering what you think would be the things to write about?
    Any help is a bonus!
    Thanks,
    Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I can help you with The Kite Runner and Inside I'm Dancing

Opening
    Inside I'm Dancing - Opening has a melancholic piano soundtrack, shows Michael isolated from the other people sitting at the window. It's the visitor hours but nobody is there for him. The viewpoint is a negative and pessimistic one.

The Kite Runner - Opens in San Francisco, starts with Amir getting the call about "a way to be good again". What the writer is trying to show is that you can't run away from problems forever, but there is a chance for redemption if you resolve them. It's optimistic in a way.

Relationships
    Inside I'm Dancing - Michael and Rory is a clear example of a positive and mutual friendship. They have their fights but they form a very powerful and lasting friendship, and they both learn important lessons from each other. Rory teaches Michael to live life like you mean it and Michael fights for Rory's rights to be able to live independently, even after death. The author presents a positive relationship.

The Kite Runner - Amir and Hassan, unbalanced relationship, negative. Although they are 'friends', there is a clear divide between them, class, wealth, Hassan is the servant boy and Amir begins to abuse his intelligence and wealth against Hassan. His jealousy turns to rage as he sees Baba treat him favourably. Obviously the author is trying to give the impression of an unhealthy relationship.

Parents
    Inside I'm Dancing - Michael and his dad. You basically know the story here so I won't go into it in depth but basically his father fails to recognise his son and is ashamed of him, assumes he is retarded. The author wants to know the ignorant attitudes towards disability here I believe.

The Kite Runner - Hassan and Sanaubar - Although she made rash comments to her husband and left to join a circus group, abandoning Hassan, they reunite and reconcile, and enjoy happiness before Hassan is killed. Author showing redemption yet again here.

You can also do society and the ending. PM me if you're stuck for more. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Was wondering, would the viewpoint created by the setting, how the readers' viewpoint can shape what they believe is motivating a character, and how the author influences the readers' viewpoint on the various relationships in the text be suitable aspects to analyse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I can help you with The Kite Runner and Inside I'm Dancing

Opening
    Inside I'm Dancing - Opening has a melancholic piano soundtrack, shows Michael isolated from the other people sitting at the window. It's the visitor hours but nobody is there for him. The viewpoint is a negative and pessimistic one.

The Kite Runner - Opens in San Francisco, starts with Amir getting the call about "a way to be good again". What the writer is trying to show is that you can't run away from problems forever, but there is a chance for redemption if you resolve them. It's optimistic in a way.

Relationships
    Inside I'm Dancing - Michael and Rory is a clear example of a positive and mutual friendship. They have their fights but they form a very powerful and lasting friendship, and they both learn important lessons from each other. Rory teaches Michael to live life like you mean it and Michael fights for Rory's rights to be able to live independently, even after death. The author presents a positive relationship.

The Kite Runner - Amir and Hassan, unbalanced relationship, negative. Although they are 'friends', there is a clear divide between them, class, wealth, Hassan is the servant boy and Amir begins to abuse his intelligence and wealth against Hassan. His jealousy turns to rage as he sees Baba treat him favourably. Obviously the author is trying to give the impression of an unhealthy relationship.

Parents
    Inside I'm Dancing - Michael and his dad. You basically know the story here so I won't go into it in depth but basically his father fails to recognise his son and is ashamed of him, assumes he is retarded. The author wants to know the ignorant attitudes towards disability here I believe.

The Kite Runner - Hassan and Sanaubar - Although she made rash comments to her husband and left to join a circus group, abandoning Hassan, they reunite and reconcile, and enjoy happiness before Hassan is killed. Author showing redemption yet again here.

You can also do society and the ending. PM me if you're stuck for more. Hope this helps!
    You sir are a god! They are exactly what i thought was needed. You've seriously just helped a bro out!
    Really appreciate it!
    I wouldnt mind a bit on society so i'll pm you now!
    Thanks again.

Advertisement