Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hdd format problem

• 08-06-2011 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭

I decided to use an spare internal drive from my sky box with a docking station i have for me pc as extra space.

So i plugged it in all to see that the drive is write protected.

I found a way of fixing this online and gave the following details.

go into command prompt
    then type "diskpart"
    type "list volume"
    then "select volume xxx" (where xxx is the write protected problem drive)
    then type "attributes volume clear readonly"

Now after i did this the drive went from 320 gigs to to 31.9 ????

Any ideas what happened and how to fix this??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Any ideas???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Can you see the disk in Disk Management ? If so is there 288gigs of unallocated space ?

I'm terrible with command prompt so can only guess a zero got dropped off the end of the capacity somehow during the partitioning dialogue .

Ok after checking that i now have one drive K with 31.9 gigs and a new volume drive L with 265 gigs both of which came from same hard drive.

Any way i can just put two together??

Right-click on L drive and Delete Volume . You should be able to then right-click on K drive and Extend Volume to incorporate the unallocated space deleting L created .

Tried it and didnt give me the option. Tried it with other drive and said it wasnt supported???

Ok i deleted both and then started new volume and now have one drive with 298 gigs better then nothing i guess

• Advertisement

That's normal .. a 320Gb(decimal) drive is 298Gb(binary) .

Ya good stuff all sorted :-) thanks lads

Advertisement