Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards FIFA Club

Options

Comments

brmccfc wrote: »
    uh sorry how do i join this ?

Search "Boards IRL" in pro clubs and then send a request to join. Bassman will ad ya.
    Don't worry Graham, I'll also be on for good team goals. I'm gonna make my guy back into an CAM cause he's **** as a ST at 5'4" :pac:

Look forward to it old chum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Search "Boards IRL" in pro clubs and then send a request to join. Bassman will ad ya.
    sorry where do i search? had a look last night and couldnt figure it out

I'm not near my xbox at the moment but I think you either go to "Virtual pro" or "Pro clubs" You should find it in the menu somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Go to online pro clubs in the virtual pro menu
    Search Boards IRL
    Request to sign
    Bassman will add you
    ???
    Profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

virtual pro....the penny drops!

spanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anyone be on in a few hours ?

The earliest Ill be on will be around 8.

I'm on when ye are.
    Also, would any of you guys have a problem buying an account with 6K MS points on it?
    I'm toying with the idea so I can buy packs and maybe hit an IF but I don't know

Cool we say 9 o clock so :).Ill be on earlier if anyone else is but we shall aim for 9 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Yeah maybe someone else should have managerial access so if ones not online chances are there'll be another to accept requests :)

• Advertisement

few on now

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Minatauro

If more players are needed I wouldnt mind sticking my name down? I could play the odd game of an evening if there is any spaces available.

GT: Minitauro 10

Sorry lads my connection was awful tonight. If I wasn't getting kicked I was getting a 2-3 second delay between pressing the button and my player actually doing it.

Great games last night lads. We're really starting to gel as a team and we're winninng a lot of matches. 3 in a row last night.

All those 89 Players are getting a game for once :D

To anyone who hasn't joined, If you have a keeper that's good then join please.
    We could cut out half of our goals by having a good keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Minatauro

Yeah they were a couple of good results last night against decent opposition. Hopefully I didnt disappoint too much and will be allowed play again :D.

Are games played most nights around the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Played a few last night but was lagging in nearly every game. :( Will be on again tonight see if it's any better. One thing lads PLEASE can we do some more short passing and hang on to the ball a bit. Every time we got the ball it was just hoofed up the pitch!

joe123 wrote: »
    Played a few last night but was lagging in nearly every game. :( Will be on again tonight see if it's any better. One thing lads PLEASE can we do some more short passing and hang on to the ball a bit. Every time we got the ball it was just hoofed up the pitch!

Believe him lads, he's #7 In the world :pac: ;)

@Tauro, yeah man there is no rules in order to play. You were great. Yeah around 9-10PM.

One thing lads PLEASE can we do some more short passing and hang on to the ball a bit. Every time we got the ball it was just hoofed up the pitch!

I know where you're coming from joe but unless people stick to their positions it can be hard. I played CDM for 2 games last night and a lot of the time when id get the ball deep nearly everyone would just leg it forward for the through ball/over the top ball so that's why a lot of the time i just have to pass it to the back to whoever is playing any because I know I'm going to lose the ball.

This is not directed at anybody in particular because a few of us played CAM last night but if you play as CAM you should be the link between midfield and the strikers. It can be tough if someone plays as CAM and sees them self as a 3rd striker because its going to be just through balls all the time which rarely comes off unless your striker is lighting quick.

But we've only started playing the last few nights but I feel we're getting better each night.

I should be on around 8 tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I've had requests from miralize and Ryan S but I can't accept either because it says you're both members of another club. Miralize I know you're still in the other club and you're on for playing whenever available and that's cool.

We got 3 wins on the trot last night so we're definitely getting better. My hoofing it out of defense technique seemed to work well :D The Babb Arena continues to have an electrifying atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Believe him lads, he's #7 In the world :pac: ;)

@Tauro, yeah man there is no rules in order to play. You were great. Yeah around 9-10PM.

7th in the world? No im not :confused:

Myself and bud were nip and tuck for 1st and 2nd in Ireland until the leaderboards were glitched. Think im around 7th or 8th now in Ireland im not sure but its a bit pointless when ya have guys glitching now.
    I know where you're coming from joe but unless people stick to their positions it can be hard. I played CDM for 2 games last night and a lot of the time when id get the ball deep nearly everyone would just leg it forward for the through ball/over the top ball so that's why a lot of the time i just have to pass it to the back to whoever is playing any because I know I'm going to lose the ball.

This is not directed at anybody in particular because a few of us played CAM last night but if you play as CAM you should be the link between midfield and the strikers. It can be tough if someone plays as CAM and sees them self as a 3rd striker because its going to be just through balls all the time which rarely comes off unless your striker is lighting quick.

But we've only started playing the last few nights but I feel we're getting better each night.

I should be on around 8 tonight

I actually thought you were really good when on the ball, no harm in passing the ball backwards if it means we hang on to possession. I tried to stick to my position as best I could RAM but I was getting up to 5 second lag in some games towards the end where I couldnt do...well anything!

And floyd for the love of god please stop doing your little chip pass! :pac:

If we try pass the ball around and build it up towards the goal a bit more with quicker easy passes I think wed do better as just lumping it from the defence up the pitch we give away alot of the ball!

The games more fun when your own team has possession instead of chasing down players ranked 89 and the like!

• Advertisement

I actually thought you were really good when on the ball, no harm in passing the ball backwards if it means we hang on to possession.

Whatever position I play I try to play the way it should be played and CDM keeping hold of possession and tackling is the most important

Obviously CAM is my favourite position but if I don't get it I don't mind. I like the challenge of playing different position.

Lads if you don't get the position up front that you want and do have to play somewhere like CDM don't get into a sulk and say "feck it Ill just play the way I normally do if I was playing up front" (Playing off the the shoulder of the last man etc). Whatever position you're stuck with try to play the way it should be played.

Nothing annoys me more in clubs then playing CDM or a defensive position for a few matches and playing the role properly but then when you get a chance to play up front whoever gets the defensive position doesn't play properly and try do a proper job. Instead they're up front beside you like your shadow.

Makes it fair on everyone to play the position you are stuck with properly.

I agree with the passing the ball around thing. It's what I tried to do while playing the any position last night. But I started the hoofing it out thing around the box because all too often the defence just falls apart too easily in clubs, the back 4 are terribly slow so I found it best to just clear the danger and be done with it and then play properly from midfield.

Moiph wrote: »
    I agree with the passing the ball around thing. It's what I tried to do while playing the any position last night. But I started the hoofing it out thing around the box because all too often the defence just falls apart too easily in clubs, the back 4 are terribly slow so I found it best to just clear the danger and be done with it and then play properly from midfield.

The any position is definitely the most difficult to play in clubs. The defenders are like snails especially if up against 88+ players.

Better off hoofing the ball then getting the ball nicked from ya and they go onto score.

Whoever plays the any position needs to be good with the short passes all along our own half too. I really enjoyed getting moves started from the defense/defensive midfield last night when playing as any.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Mjens

Room for one more lads??? Can play anywhere you like

Mjens wrote: »
    Room for one more lads??? Can play anywhere you like

Of course.

just search for "Boards IRL" in pro clubs, send in a request and Bassman will accept you.

Lads if Bassman is playing let him go as captain so he can change tactics and all during the match (put his defence deep/high etc) because he plays as any also he has a good connection.

If you're captain watch the kits. Just before the match there's a screen were it shows the 2 kits for the match. You press X to change the kit. A few matches the last few nights Ive found difficult because I cant tell the difference between the 2 teams kits.

FFS nearly every match tonight I had a 2-3 second delay :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Good load of people on tonight . Had some good games .
    Enjoyed playing Lb :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Hard luck last night lads, you had to get 8 & 9 players online to get 90th minute goals to beat our two man team after the first few woopings. Keep up the good work ;)

Advertisement