Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeve Tips

Options
  • 08-06-2011 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on designing their sleeves?

I'm working on a leg sleeve, but I only have ideas as to what I want, nothing on how to tie them together yet. I'm getting it on my right leg, which so far has a big thigh Phoenix and Snowdrops on my lower leg (the latter being roughly 8" x4"...). The phoenix is just the black outline, but the snowdrops are full colour. I want to get a quill and ink done on the inside of my leg this summer, but I dont want to be using up precious space in case it doesn't go with the end design, but I want it in the sleeve... (and i'm unsure if I want a full or half sleeve)

I know this probably sounds silly, and some will say wait til I know what I want, but I'm eager to get more. :rolleyes: I'm well able to draw it up myself, and thats what I'd love to do-have my own artwork on myself-its the tying everything together that I'm having a problem with... Do people normally design the whole sleeve at once or just do it as they go along? This'll be tattooed over about 3+ years cos of money's :)

Thanks guys!!! :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bob goes to hol

Pick your artist depending on the style of tattooing your going for, look at portfolios ect. Go and talk to the tattooist about your ideas, sleeves are very hard to plan if you aren't a tattooist (curvature of the arm, dimensions etc.) they will piece the whole thing together, if your getting it done in small sittings a good tattooist will already have planed the whole sleeve will look like, so you can just get inked and the sleeve will come together piece by piece.

Advertisement