Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permission for landlord to enter

Options
  • 08-06-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭

Posting for a friend.

My friend (we'll call him F) is living in an apartment, moved in about 6 weeks ago. The previous tennant (Lets call him T) had problems with the landlord and owes him a substantial amount of money, including a deposit my friend gave to T to move in, but T ending up spending. There is an agreement between T and the Landlord for a payment arrangement, and T was kicked out shortly after F moved in.

T had left a bicycle in there, and F is refusing to let him get it because of money owed. T is also looking for post. The Gardai were down there today, and F wouldn't let them in either. He said the landlord has to be there. He has also told me that he "may" have thrown the bicycle and post away.

My question is, is F liable for the bike and post? It's been over 6 weeks since T was living there (however, i believe that it is because of the landlord that T was unable to get the bike initially, ie: not meeting T to get the bike).

Also, is there a set minimum amount of time the landlord has to give before he can enter?
    Cheers in advance! And yes, messy...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭not even wrong

Also, is there a set minimum amount of time the landlord has to give before he can enter?
    No. However the landlord can't be calling round so often or at such short notice as to interfere with the tenant's right to "peaceful and exclusive" occupation.

Advertisement