Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Three really that bad?????

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

both should be fine for testing the internet. If you need settings for the web just post back when you get the sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

kingaaa wrote: »
    I have a sony/erricsson w995 - I also have an old nokia n95 (the silver one)

Both still good phones, If your going to be using the 995 on 3 i'd recommend updating it with the 3 ireland global firmware from Davinchi Team
    It'll set you back about 10 euro but makes a big difference to the phone if it's slowed down by buggy software from a previous network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Both still good phones, If your going to be using the 995 on 3 i'd recommend updating it with the 3 ireland global firmware from Davinchi Team
    It'll set you back about 10 euro but makes a big difference to the phone if it's slowed down by buggy software from a previous network.

If I do decide to go to 3, I'll prbably go for the Galaxy S II. I'm going to give it a couple of weeks and check out this new sim and keep an eye on this forum. Pity my current provider (Meteor) are looking for so much for a new phone, otherwise I'd probably stay with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Galaxy S2 great choice I'm loving my new one, can't put it down.

For anyone that uses they're phone for on - call purposes, I always reckon you should give a second number to be contacted on, no matter what network your on mobiles aren't are a reliable source to depend on.

Any network can loose reception happened me before (I was with o2) but luckily my pager alerted me.

House number or partners number can be used as a back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

muingwee wrote: »
    Hi this is a warning messasge for you all not to use the three mobile phone service well not if you want to keep your job ! I have been with three mobile phone for a year wanted to upgrade to a new iphone went to the shop in Tralee to do so, I had to sign a new contract with a new phone number so I could do it in the three shop because I just cant be bothered with the Indian call centre. That was fine, till the phone went wrong the shop didnt really want to know and i was left without a phone during a night shift because it came up with restore. Anyway after much arguement got a new iphone that was fine until it came up for swopping over to the other sim card. I phoned the Indian call centre the a few days before said that no matter what I couldnt be cut off I was working that night ( I work for an emergency service and do on call which means I need my mobile phone to be dispatched onto 999 calls in the night) woke up this morning my control room had been trying to contact me but my phone said NO SIGNAL I had been cut off. This is a sackable offence in my job this was not good news, spoke to the three customer service well my husband did because i would have lost the plot with India and they wont even switch my phone over or speak to me until 9am cos there is no superviser on duty. PLEASE PLEASE think before ever getting involved with 3 I could have lost my job over this last night despite reassurances that all was well I didnt even want another sim card and number for a month but the three shop insisted (think it must involve commision) and if you do have a problem the Indian call centre are terrible and thats if you can get to speak to someone you can understand.

My OH has also had a similar bad experience with trying to get am upgrade in a three store and ended up with a new contract. Fortunately she was able to get out of it. I then simply did the upgrade online for her. Took a couple of minutes and new phone next day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

muingwee wrote: »
    Hi this is a warning messasge for you all not to use the three mobile phone service well not if you want to keep your job ! I have been with three mobile phone for a year wanted to upgrade to a new iphone went to the shop in Tralee to do so, I had to sign a new contract with a new phone number so I could do it in the three shop because I just cant be bothered with the Indian call centre. That was fine, till the phone went wrong the shop didnt really want to know and i was left without a phone during a night shift because it came up with restore. Anyway after much arguement got a new iphone that was fine until it came up for swopping over to the other sim card. I phoned the Indian call centre the a few days before said that no matter what I couldnt be cut off I was working that night ( I work for an emergency service and do on call which means I need my mobile phone to be dispatched onto 999 calls in the night) woke up this morning my control room had been trying to contact me but my phone said NO SIGNAL I had been cut off. This is a sackable offence in my job this was not good news, spoke to the three customer service well my husband did because i would have lost the plot with India and they wont even switch my phone over or speak to me until 9am cos there is no superviser on duty. PLEASE PLEASE think before ever getting involved with 3 I could have lost my job over this last night despite reassurances that all was well I didnt even want another sim card and number for a month but the three shop insisted (think it must involve commision) and if you do have a problem the Indian call centre are terrible and thats if you can get to speak to someone you can understand.

I have my doubts about this!

I work in the private sector and am on call every few weeks.
    The company I work for provides me with a company phone,also when I'm on call they provide a seperate on call phone ( so theres no excuse ). I also have my own private mobile and a landline. SO no matter what I can be contacted.
    So you take a chance on switching network when your on call? And you have no backup? Surely they have your husbands number or landline? Seem a bit strange to me. So no point blaming a phone company for your bizarre behaviour? Very irresponsible behaviour for an emergency service employee. Couldn't you have done the switchover on a day off?
    DO I sound harsh? Sorry just hard to get my head around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

I have three bill pay accounts with them for nearly four years, you can't beat the price. I have no issues with them for 11 months for each cotract but then there is a time for upgrade...last time I received broken phone - didn't start at all and recently I got phone with issues so I sent it back and I'm waiting for new one...contract renewal is a pain. Also, it looks like customer department and cancelation/upgrade department are two totally different companies...information is lost between them and system just don't talk with each other. I don't care where are they from (customers service) but their way of dealing with me is frustrating, reading scripts and saying sorry every second word do not help...I found upgrade team very friendly tbh. In few weeks time I will forget how bad it was and upgrade with them again as price is good, I had no problem with service (Internet, phone calls)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 xxtrazaxx

im just after switching to three and dont have any problems with them. i ordered a htc wildfire online but put down the wrong address so emailed them and they rang back, now 02 would never ring back. as for customer service they do speak very good english so no problems there. i signed up for a contract for 40eur a month with all you can eat data no other network seems to do great deals like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

xxtrazaxx wrote: »
    im just after switching to three and dont have any problems with them. i ordered a htc wildfire online but put down the wrong address so emailed them and they rang back, now 02 would never ring back. as for customer service they do speak very good english so no problems there. i signed up for a contract for 40eur a month with all you can eat data no other network seems to do great deals like that.

Have to ask; if you signed up to a €40pm contract (18 months?) why did you choose the Wildfire?

well i wanted the desire but they were looking for a deposit which i couldnt afford and i have heard that people are not getting the deposit back. I really want a HTc phone and there the only two three are doing and i want to move to three as they seem to have the best price plans!

• Advertisement

well i wanted the desire but they were looking for a deposit which i couldnt afford and i have heard that people are not getting the deposit back. I really want a HTc phone and there the only two three are doing and i want to move to three as they seem to have the best price plans!

Still...wildfire has very bad screen so your android experience can fall. How much did they ask for deposit? Did u get the phone yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

wildfire S is much better then original wildfire. Is this what you got?

iwo wrote: »
    Still...wildfire has very bad screen so your android experience can fall. How much did they ask for deposit? Did u get the phone yet?

it was a 250eur deposit which i couldnt afford. ya i got the phone yesterday i think its good its my first android, the only prob is trying to find out how to install apps!

it was a 250eur deposit which i couldnt afford. ya i got the phone yesterday i think its good its my first android, the only prob is trying to find out how to install apps!

here you go, you need gmial account first, please see links below on "how to"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkSUL72A2C0&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr0CBKRfLF4

have fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Joined 'Three' about 2 months ago on '3Pay' and fairly happy with it so far. Had an problem where I couldn't text a number but was only for a few days and fixed itself.

Coverage is ok, but even when it isn't you switch to vodafone and it's the same price so no worries. Also, I'm up north a lot and '3 like home' is great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

I joined three for the at home data roaming charges when in NI and England.

Most of the time the three network is not available in these locations so I had to connect to O2 incurring extra charges. This has happened several times in areas that three uk claim has full coverage. Instead of saving money its costing me more to go abroad and I’m now tied into a contract.

Advertisement