Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The structure of the cultural context

• 08-06-2011 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Okay so I have written out my sample essay for my cultural context, it's around 5 A4 pages and consists of the following paragraphs under these 3 texts which im doing

- Dancing at Lughnesa
    - Lies of Silence
    - Il Postino

1) Introduction ( I name the 3 texts and the authors and talk a little about the general outline of each text like what year they are set and place they are set

2) Family life

3) Poverty

4) Male dominated society

5) Religion

6) Conclusion

Does this look about right? Is four areas of cultural context (family,poverty,male dominance,religion) enough to aide your discussion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

That's more than enough if you can contrast/compare them correctly and talk about key moments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Three aspects is more than enough usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭currychips

how long should the comparative essay be roughly ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

currychips wrote: »

Quality over quantity - but a rough guide would be minimum 3 and a half, and average 5 to 6.

If this is any consolation, I wrote a page and three quarters for the pre and got 40 out of 70 marks. I won't be doing that for the real thing though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭currychips

You must be a dam BRAINBOX then ! :D Ah no ,, fair play to ya ! Thanks a mill ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

currychips wrote: »

5-7 pages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I rarely do my comparative over 4~ pages.

Advertisement