Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd year electives

• 08-06-2011 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hu guys,

Any advice as to what electives to choose. Not really sure what to pick tbh.

The electives are auditing, tax and company law.

Advice much appreciated. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,474 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I've just completed 3rd year accounting.

You have to do Tax if you want to become an accountant as no one would hire you if you knew nothing about the tax system. Also Tax was my favourite module by far.

I did Auditing aswell and it is difficult. If you are considering going to ACCA or CPA definitley do this as you will get the exemptions from the professional exams. Auditing is all theory and very boring.

If you are thinking of going down the ICAI route then I would suggest you do Law to get the exemptions.

I hope this helped a bit and if you have any other questions I will have no problem answering them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I completely forgot to pick mine crap!

Advertisement