Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the story with repeating first year?

Options
  • 08-06-2011 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

anyone know what i have to do. will ucd contact me or wdc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

You do not really repeat first year, in that sense. If you have not passed enough modules to continue to the next stage then you will have to repeat the modules that you've failed until you have enough credits to continue, rather than repeating the whole year.

Read this: http://www.ucd.ie/registry/academicsecretariat/asug/progression/asugtitle,39445,en.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

soo will i just have to re register to do those modules i failed again..i have 6 to repeat ha

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭corkman123

i need to repeat 2 modules and then i can compensate three others.. therefore i cant enter stage 2 till after xmas... does the reg fee that will have to be paid to repeat the 2 modules cover the stage 2 reg fee cause i will be entering stage 2 after xmas and will be doing some stage 2 modules in sept evern though im not officially in stage 2 ?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭supernutrino

Also keep in mind that you can substitute (there is a fee though) optional modules and electives in some courses if you fail them, thus taking new modules on to replace what you failed, instead of repeating the failed on with a cap of a D grade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

im so confused really. so im well short of obtaining required credits, what will happe n? will i have to pay for repeats up front for 2 semesters or can i split them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭supernutrino

partyndbs wrote: »
    im so confused really. so im well short of obtaining required credits, what will happe n? will i have to pay for repeats up front for 2 semesters or can i split them?

I don't think reg fee is like repeat fees you dont have to pay up front you have untill end of the semester.
    If you take substituents it depends when that substitute module is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

partyndbs wrote: »
    soo will i just have to re register to do those modules i failed again..i have 6 to repeat ha

You might also do well to look into your options for deferring or pushing things back a semester or a year, maybe working for a while and considering what it is you want from your course/UCD. If you failed half your modules, and think it's funny, you may risk just repeating ad nauseum and spending a fortune on a course you aren't particularly interested in.

Advertisement