Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scams

• 08-06-2011 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

Just got off the phone with a lovely Indian chap called Arnold Wilson (good traditional Indian name i thought):D

He rang the house phone (don't have a clue how he got our number) claiming that our computer had 'infections' not viruses as there was a big difference. He explained that infections wouldn't show up in our antivirus and that only they had the software that could remove said infections...how conventien for them:rolleyes:

The worse thing is my dad, who would struggle to work a calculator, spoke to him first...and agreed to give him his credit card details.:eek: But luckily he got cold feet and handed me the phone. I realised straight away what it was so i had to stall 'Mr.Wilson' for a good 45 minutes while Dad tried to get through to the bank to cancel his card.. He got the card cancelled eventually so it's worked out allright in the end. But i know others won't be so lucky.

So the FIRST reason i made this thread (My 1st ever!:D) is to warn you all of this.
    He claimed he worked for these buckos
    http://techaviators.co.uk/ a pretty respectable looking website actually
    And he rang from this number 02088199827
    He also gave me this number 02088199749 to contact him.
    So if you get a call from this number claiming to work for this company then DON'T GIVE THEM ANY INFORMATION...AT ALL

The second reason is to ask you if this or something similar ever happened to you. I found out that some people lost lots of money from this very scam and found it hard to keep my temper with this polite man who was trying so desperately to steal our money.

And all while i should be studying for my LC English exam tomorrow frown.gif a less than welcome distaction. He says he's going to call back tomorrow so i plan on unleashing the fury then :D
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement