Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed changes to DB services in the Swords Area

Options
  • 08-06-2011 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    For those who are unfamiliar, Dublin Bus is currently undertaking a plan to “improve” bus services throughout their route network. The project is called “Network Direct”, some of you may have come across it in the format of “Network They Wrecked”. There is no mention of route 33 however given that it is such a long route already I can’t foresee any future changes in routing. Anyway, here are the proposed changes for the Swords Area:
    (Link: http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Network-Direct/Network-Direct-Phase-2/Swords--Santry--Rathfarnham--Terenure/)
    Route 41 and 41C will bypass Dublin Airport at all times providing a more direct and faster commute to the city centre
    Route 41A will provide an improved local service from Swords Manor to Dublin Airport serving Applewood and Glen Ellen
    Route 41X will remain with some timetable adjustments.
    Route 41B will continue to offer connections from Rolestown to the City Centre
    Route 102 will operate from Dublin Airport via Boroimhe to Swords Village and Malahide and Sutton Rail Stations.
    Route 142 will continue to provide a direct service from Portmarnock, Malahide and Holywell to the City Centre. Timetables are subject to change with similar levels of service proposed. .
    Below are the proposed routing of the following routes;
    Route 41
    Swords Manor » Rathbeale Road » Swords Village » Dublin Road » Swords Road » Dorset Street » O’Connell Street » Abbey Street.
    Route 41C
    Swords Manor » Applewood » Balheary Road » Swords Village » River Valley » Dublin Road » Swords Road » Dorset Street » O’Connell Street » Abbey Street.
    Route 41A
    Swords Manor » Applewood » Balheary Road » Swords Village » River Valley » Boroimhe » Dublin Airport.
    Route 102
    Sutton Rail Station » Malahide Rail Station » Seabury » Waterside » Swords Village » River Valley » Boroimhe » Dublin Airport.

A map of the routes is available here; (Very cluttered)
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/PageFiles/7351/Swords Road Map.pdf

For those who have queries or questions there will be Dublin Bus Reps available at the following location and day;
    Wednesday June 29th – The Pavilions, Swords 2pm-8pm

Richard

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Fully support the bus no longer going through the airport! Every time it gets to that point, I hope the bus driver will forget to do that section.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

This is good. The only thing more painful than the old bus route through the airport was the new one.. It's almost twice as long! Glad to see the back of it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

jaypers please don't have them take away the 7:25 41x! If they do, then let them make it earlier :D The odd time I need to get into work before 8:20 I've used the Swords express

It gets me into work on time :) Apart from when the 41c drivers decide to go through Applewood and not Rathbeale road.

Be good as well to have more than three in the evening :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Nothing for the 43 route? When the kids are back to school nearly every bus in the morning is crammed or full. They could probably do with another one between 7:15 and 8:30. Dublin bus does have the drivers and rolling stock, they are after all still trying to compete with the Luas and Dart in certain areas of the city and failing miserably.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

seanmacc wrote: »
    Nothing for the 43 route? When the kids are back to school nearly every bus in the morning is crammed or full. They could probably do with another one between 7:15 and 8:30. Dublin bus does have the drivers and rolling stock, they are after all still trying to compete with the Luas and Dart in certain areas of the city and failing miserably.

The 43 was mentioned in the Malahide Road changes. There is no proposed changes in routing just timetable adjustments.

Link here: http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Network-Direct/Malahide-Road/

Richard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Just wondering did anyone here attend the public information stand when DB were in the Pavilions. I was unable to attend as I was away on holidays!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I totally forgot about it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement