Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ducati - wow

• 08-06-2011 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

I've been a fan of Ducati's for ages, and have always loved the design of their sports bikes without being a big fan of there other models. That's all changing now though. I saw this in the flesh twice over the last couple of weeks and was blown away...

New-2011-Ducati-DiavelCarbon.jpg

2011-Ducati-Diavel-Carbon-Sportbike.jpg

I also love this one, and if I pick up a bike in the next year or two it'll be this one - Multistrada 1200

Ducati-Multistrada-1200S-2010-Front-Angle.jpg

Ducati_Multistrada_1200_S%20%201.jpg

What do you think of their newer bikes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

Dont really like that style of bike tbh.

However if I was gettin meself a Duc, twud have to be this

motorrad-ducati-1198.jpg

Ducati-1198-Superbike-Motorcycles-Rear.jpg

Stunning Bike (in white more-so):cool:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I saw that first one too last week and it looks sweet! I love Ducati's (biased as I have one) and many of their newer bikes are gorgeous. I was drooling over an 848 for a while there, and the supermotos are just savage. That new miltistrada looks like the ultimate do-everything type bike. I'd get one tomorrow if I could afford it, oh and if I was tall enough!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Love Ducs. Not sure of the model but there was a nice one in Tron Legacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

SuprSi, they're the 2 Ducati's that I've been admiring too! Was seriously thinking about the new multistrada, but heard it's not comfortable at all on long distances. Still wouldn't mind one. Don't understand why bike manufactures do side opening boxes :confused: Surely if they used them, they'd cop on that top opening is far better?
    If i won the euromillions I'd have about 10 ducatis in the garage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Don't understand why bike manufactures do side opening boxes :confused: Surely if they used them, they'd cop on that top opening is far better?

Well as a Harley owner with top-opening boxes, after years of BMW's, I disagree - they're useless. Poor access and fixed size. Side opening gives better access, and can be adjustable in width.

As for the comfort thing - I can't understand that - with electronically adjustable suspension, I'd have thought it would be better, not worse, than anything else.........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

galwaytt wrote: »
    Well as a Harley owner with top-opening boxes, after years of BMW's, I disagree - they're useless. Poor access and fixed size. Side opening gives better access, and can be adjustable in width.

As for the comfort thing - I can't understand that - with electronically adjustable suspension, I'd have thought it would be better, not worse, than anything else.........

The ducati ones look fixed size. I don't agree with poor access, just move stuff aside, it's not a problem. But opening a pannier at the side of a road and stuff falling out everywhere is! You can put way more stuff in a top loading one too because it won't fall out when you open it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Paparazzo wrote: »
    The ducati ones look fixed size. I don't agree with poor access, just move stuff aside, it's not a problem. But opening a pannier at the side of a road and stuff falling out everywhere is! You can put way more stuff in a top loading one too because it won't fall out when you open it.

If you have a full pannier, and what you want is at the bottom...........you still have to empty it, so what's the difference ?

As for stuff falling out when open, well BMW's have had restraint straps for years, and I still have my liner bags for them, so nothing can fall out.

Oh, there's another + for side opening too: you can put in something large like a helmet, etc in, from the side.........it ain't ever going in from the top....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    If you have a full pannier, and what you want is at the bottom...........you still have to empty it, so what's the difference ?

As for stuff falling out when open, well BMW's have had restraint straps for years, and I still have my liner bags for them, so nothing can fall out.

Oh, there's another + for side opening too: you can put in something large like a helmet, etc in, from the side.........it ain't ever going in from the top....

You have a top box for the helmet.
    I know those straps, they're grand for big things. like a jacket. No good for small things. Like gloves, chain, tools etc. Getting something at the bottom of a top loader isn't a big deal for me. And you can stuff loads of things into it and close it easily.
    Top loaders ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭amacca

SuprSi wrote: »
    I've been a fan of Ducati's for ages, and have always loved the design of their sports bikes without being a big fan of there other models. That's all changing now though. I saw this in the flesh twice over the last couple of weeks and was blown away...

What do you think of their newer bikes?

I'm a big fan of dukes too...but I'm biased as well, I have two of them.

Have to say though the two bikes you are drooling over would not be favorites of mine.... looks wise at any rate

To me the multistrada looks like it has a beak or something........

and I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the diavel which to me looks like a tarted up vmax with a weird seating position, having said that it was really comfortable when I sat on a display model a while ago and I seen a video of it on track and it sounded and looked to be an animal of a bike thundering around.

when it comes to favourite ducatis...the 916 series and 999 bikes to my eyes are equally gorgeous for different reasons. I don't buy the ugly 999 bull**** - love the vertical stacked headlights, love the tail, love the letterbox exhaust and just love the overall look of the bike..just looks fast, race focused etc standing still - and then the 916 series...just visual poetry in my mind.

then its the 888, then the gt1000/sport classic 70s style bikes for me......that I think was the one in Tron for that other poster ....then the 1098/1198 (1098/1198s havent grown that much on me yet - think they look great but theres just a whiff of something japanesey about them - not that theres anything wrong with jap bikes, had an sp1 and sorry i let it go ...just that the styling of italian bikes should not look similar to jap bikes and it puts me off if I think they do) - then maybe a monster- was thinking of tarting one up at some stage

I find myself tempted by the hypermotard occasionally....I'd say they are great fun but the looks just put me off being the shallow b#stard I am.

Anyway...while you may have changed....I cant see myself doing the same, just take one look at a 999 or any of the 916 series in good condition in the flesh and then compare to the multistrada and the diavel...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

imo, the diabolical, and the multistratosphere are the least desireable of the Ducati range

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

It's funny how I have seen loads of reviews and pictures of the Diavel and I have only just noticed where the licence plate is!

Advertisement