Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clifden?

Options
  • 08-06-2011 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭

I am thinking about spending a weekend in West Galway/Mayo the weekend next, Would you recommend Clifden? There seems to be plenty of things to do and see but what are the pubs and restaurants like?

Our group are in their mid to late twenties, male and female if that helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

Clifden is mainly about pubs and restaurants so should be good for ye! Lovely scenery around too if you were that way inclined!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I love going to Clifden. There isn't as much to see as you'd think because everything that's there is within a stones through of each other, but it's so beautiful. You won't regret it

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

I live in Clifden and to be honest, it's not as bad if you're only here for holidays.
    There are many pubs and some of them have regular Trad music performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭famoussheamus

Clifden has most things the tourist needs...shops, pubs, restraunts, drives, sights, but get there soon as many places start shutting up for the winter. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Arts Week Parade this Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Westport is a better option as regards range of pubs and restaurants and things to do and see.

Advertisement