Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you all hoping to do next year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Lexii307

BrendaN_f wrote: »
    im very tempted by the money nuig offers for good results, might switch it to number 1 for medicine. anyway 1 paper surely wont ruin your chances for medicine will it? you might pull out a high hpat

Well i did really well in the 2 questions that have the most marks and i have a 20% project so its not to bad. Home Ec was always my best subject so im just dissapointed in my self. The paper was a bít*h of a paper though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

My top three are in the same points bracket...

Speech & Language Therapy UCC
    Occupational Therapy UCC
    Applied Psychology UCC

However, an awful home-ec paper happened....and I really messed up English paper 2 today....:(:(:(:(

So Arts UCC* I reckon.:(

*Not dissing Arts or anything...I'm just really gutted about my situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

That's a very unusual one these days.

Do you mind me asking what part of the country you're in? ... I'd take a guess at Kildare or surrounding area, but in fairness there would be work elsewhere as well, just not at the same volume.

I'm from mallow, north cork, but the job i've lined up is in dundrum, co. tipperary. its not certain yet, i've to get on to him when the Leaving is finito!!:cool:
    If it doesnt happen I'm gonna try get a job in Kildare, but while there is plenty work to keep someone going elsewhere, it is racehorses I am interested in, so Kildare is the obvious place.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 LimMurf

Product Design in DIT, 380 last year.
    I got 360 in the mocks but I'm still so worried about not getting the points I need! D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭autonomy

Pretty much any healthcare course you can think of from pharmacy or optometry, to physiotherapy or occupational therapy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

s-cogan wrote: »
    I'm from mallow, north cork, but the job i've lined up is in dundrum, co. tipperary. its not certain yet, i've to get on to him when the Leaving is finito!!:cool:
    If it doesnt happen I'm gonna try get a job in Kildare, but while there is plenty work to keep someone going elsewhere, it is racehorses I am interested in, so Kildare is the obvious place.
    Well, it's nice to see the old trades being kept up.

I love horses myself, but have no particular skill with them ... well, except, they seem to view me as a convenient pillow, the number of times horses have rested their heads on my shoulder and started to doze off! >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

Where all my fellow Future Psych Nurses?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

Well, it's nice to see the old trades being kept up.

I love horses myself, but have no particular skill with them ... well, except, they seem to view me as a convenient pillow, the number of times horses have rested their heads on my shoulder and started to doze off! >.<

count yourself lucky.
    a lot of them seem to see me as a handy scratching post/mattress/chew toy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭snicket

NCAD :)

or medicine in UCD...

Going to see what my hpat results look like then decide!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Business and french in dcu hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Yeah Buddy

Psychology, Drinking and a bitta Shiftin :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

autonomy wrote: »
    Pretty much any healthcare course you can think of from pharmacy or optometry, to physiotherapy or occupational therapy

They're all very different courses. :confused: And if it's healthcare courses you're looking at, why not nursing?
    Not trying to pry :P It just struck me as odd. Maybe that's just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭hunii07

Yeah Buddy wrote: »
    Psychology, Drinking and a bitta Shiftin :cool:

Sounds like fun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Seaner1878

Product Design in DIT, 380 last year.
    I got 360 in the mocks but I'm still so worried about not getting the points I need! D:

Man,If you got that in the mocks I'm sure you can be expecting around 400 from your results in August..I think getting the results will be more nerve racking than actually sitting the exams

Anyhoo,Im hoping for Arts in UCD:D Bitta English and L'histore hopefully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Economics and Management, Oxford.
    If I don't get it or decide to stay at home;
    1)BIS or Finance UCC,
    2)Finance and Economics UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭hunii07

Seaner1878 wrote: »
    I think getting the results will be more nerve racking than actually sitting the exams

Anyhoo,Im hoping for Arts in UCD:D Bitta English and L'histore hopefully!

Definitely more nerve racking... I'm repeating this year so I know what its like and come August....it is definitely more nerve racking

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Engineering in Trinity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    Economics and Management, Oxford.

Did you get a conditional offer from Oxford? Did you go for an interview?

NotExactly wrote: »
    Did you get a conditional offer from Oxford? Did you go for an interview?

Yeah,
    Got an offer the week before christmas I think, don't know if it was really worth it though.
    First there was like an entrance exam, then three interviews around a month later then got offer. Still that's hardly the biggest problem. Leaving cert results needed are;
    AAAABB all higher level.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Biscuits.

Doesn't matter now.

Thank you maths!

• Advertisement

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    Yeah,
    Got an offer the week before christmas I think, don't know if it was really worth it though.
    First there was like an entrance exam, then three interviews around a month later then got offer. Still that's hardly the biggest problem. Leaving cert results needed are;
    AAAABB all higher level.

Fair play. Even if you don't get the grades you can still say you got an offer from Oxford.:D Three interviews:eek: Did you have to go over and back three times? What's it like there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

After the first few exams, I'll be joining the Dole queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 BubblesXD

Cardor wrote: »
    1st Applied Languages in DCU and 2nd International Business in DCU.. Hopefully i'l get the first.. :D

What language? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 megumiwinS

Cardor wrote: »
    1st Applied Languages in DCU and 2nd International Business in DCU.. Hopefully i'l get the first.. :D

I put that down in my CAO too!! Though it's not my first choice.:p What language are you thinking of doing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Repeat the LC.

NotExactly wrote: »
    Fair play. Even if you don't get the grades you can still say you got an offer from Oxford.:D Three interviews:eek: Did you have to go over and back three times? What's it like there?

Yeah I suppose,at least that's something.
    Honestly I don't even know if i'd accept the course anyway. Had to fly over twice, initial exam followed by an interview, then callback of another two interviews. The place itself is very much built on prestige, everyone has that presence about them that suggests they feel above everyone else. Nevertheless,it was easily the best of any university I visited over here or in the UK . the area itself is very much like the classical posh universities you'd see in films & programmes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ryan087

Am I the only one for doesnt want to go college

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

ryan087 wrote: »

Pretty much, you will miss out on the buzz otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

Am I the only one wanting to be a psych nurse ?

• Advertisement

ryan087 wrote: »

Why don't you?

Advertisement