Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you all hoping to do next year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭IfUSeekAmy

Law & Business in TCD

maybe law & french TCD or Law/Maitrise UCD. Have heard bad things about it though the UCD one though.

obviously points pending. But not a lot of people here seem to be going for law. :)

It makes my heart warm. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

Heart set on medicine please god :) Failing that, biomedical science in NUIG or biomedical health and Life Sciences in UCD. Was interested in law for a while but I don't think it'd be like those court cases in movies unfortunately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Patri wrote: »
    Heart set on medicine please god :) Failing that, biomedical science in NUIG or biolmedical health and Life Sciences in UCD. Was interested in law for a while but I don't think it'd be like those court cases in movies unfortunately :(

Watching "A few good men" over and over again til you have it to a T :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

Watching "A few good men" over and over again til you have it to a T :D

Haha my thoughts exactly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Marthaa

Business & Law in UCD hopefully...haven't seen it mentioned yet :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 thumbelinaxo

Arts in NUIM Music (+ Mathematical Studies and Mathematical Physics I think) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

Optometry but I don't think I've got the points for that... if not primary school teaching :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    You'd have to learn the new courses & do them , other options drop maths & irish , if you only need requirements

you have the option of doing the old maths course if you're repeating AFAIK but I know nothing about the irish :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Oh and Science Choice in UL
    B3 in Maths in the bag,
    Should get C3 in Chemistry Tuesday
    & 360 points should be alright too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cabbage kid

Arts in NUIM Music (+ Mathematical Studies and Mathematical Physics I think) :)

I'm probably going to do arts with music in NUIM too! And i'm from Carlow too lol coincidence :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Hopefully computers in UL, and possibly an degree in Irish on the side. (Which may end up being a Master's Degree. Who knows?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Ill probably be working or doing some PLC course, because I didn't get what I want this year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 thumbelinaxo

I'm probably going to do arts with music in NUIM too! And i'm from Carlow too lol coincidence :P

Lol that is such a coincidence! I guess I'll be seeing you in September then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 cookier

I'm going to LSAD
    Anyone else going to an art college? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 danielmonteiro

Business International at DCU
    International Relations
    Economics

top 3 courses I really want.

they're mostly/usually 400pointers
    But at this stage of the game.. anything I get over 350 points in agust.. will be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭luyolo

PJelly wrote: »
    Got accepted for Computer Games Development up in Queens in Belfast.
    Hope to get the points :D

link to the course site?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭galwayman17..

is anyone else NOT doing science in NUIG?

because that would be great! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

luyolo wrote: »
    link to the course site?

If you want to study computers, you should know how to Google tbf.. :confused:

It's a skill many people seem to lack nowadays..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

is anyone else NOT doing science in NUIG?

because that would be great! :D:D
    If I get medicine or science in UCD then I'll not be doing science in NUIG :p

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭galwayman17..

._. wrote: »
    If I get medicine or science in UCD then I'll not be doing science in NUIG :p

thats what i like to hear!:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

Noel2k9 wrote: »

I think the main problem is a little disease called laziness! Expecting people get links to something when typing something like " comptuer games development queens" will more than likely get them straight to it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Next year I'm going to take a rocket to the moon. I'll set up a civilisation there, build a few buildings out of moonrocks and get myself a martian wife. I'll build a school for the young'uns and teach them how to overtake the humans of earth. Five years later we'll storm the White House and peacefully rule earth peacefully, unless any pesky earthlings want to start a war. How will 5 year old martians overrule earth? Simple. They grow five times faster than humans.

Failing that, I guess I'll go do a BMus in NUIM. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Fbjm wrote: »
    Next year I'm going to take a rocket to the moon. I'll set up a civilisation there, build a few buildings out of moonrocks and get myself a martian wife. I'll build a school for the young'uns and teach them how to overtake the humans of earth. Five years later we'll storm the White House and peacefully rule earth peacefully, unless any pesky earthlings want to start a war. How will 5 year old martians overrule earth? Simple. They grow five times faster than humans.

I'd say your English teacher has gotten some strange essays in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    I'd say your English teacher has gotten some strange essays in the last few years.

Better than boring her to death with the usual "follow-the-structure, imagination-not-required" essay :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Oenone

English and Ancient Greek at Trinity hopefully, or English and Philosophy - failing that, just English will suit me fine :pac:

Is there anyone else treading a similar path? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭luyolo

Noel2k9 wrote: »

Yeah I realized that after i clicked submit reply. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

Oenone wrote: »
    Philosophy:

This my friend will bring about your demise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Happy_Feet14

Ok, I've just registered so I hope I'm doing this right!...
    I want to do teaching in Mary I, I really really want it! I just hope the points don't go up! Does anyone think think they will? And by how much?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Oenone

This my friend will bring about your demise

As in a Sartrian dissolution, or Kafka-esque madness :pac:?

Or general financial demise, which is much more boring..?

In short, what do you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Muggwoffin

Oenone wrote: »
    English and Ancient Greek at Trinity hopefully, or English and Philosophy - failing that, just English will suit me fine :pac:

Is there anyone else treading a similar path? :cool:

Somewhat similar, sans the Sophocles, English and Spanish in Trinity. Failing that just straight up English also.

Advertisement