Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rack tie downs

Options
  • 08-06-2011 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

I bought 3m rhino tie downs but i really can't see how they're meant to fit two boards, anyone tried tying two down with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Its safer to have two straps as if you only have one wrapped around the two roof bars you could end up pulling them out of alignment

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭killedsirius

i have 2 straps, just thinking for stacking? has anyone tried stacking with 3m ones, or should i buy some 4m ones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Are you sure they aren't 2 m I would expect you to be able to tie two boards easily, unless they are SUP's in which case BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :) Kidding

PS are you puting the straps on close to the boards? Never put them on at the ends of the bars, they can hand and have slipped off - you could kill somebody - sorry for sounding off.

oh yeah i put them close to the boards, and the right side of the housings too so that they don't slip off.
    I have a feeling they may actually be 2m ones, I'm a bit annoyed because i asked the guy for ones to hold down 2 boards

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Get a tape measure and find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

oh yeah i put them close to the boards, and the right side of the housings too so that they don't slip off.
    I have a feeling they may actually be 2m ones, I'm a bit annoyed because i asked the guy for ones to hold down 2 boards

You can get the same style of tie downs in halfors or home base they don't need to be rino or some surf brand once they are rated for 75KG +

I have 2m straps and I think I can just about get two longboards tied down.

cheers. they are 2m ones, I can tie down one with board bag, 2 without, but i'm only annoyed cause i asked for the long ones :(

Advertisement