Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty EirCom NGB website and Billing Issues

Options
  • 08-06-2011 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,
    I had ordered 'eircom Next Generation Broadband Ultimate & eircom talktime chatter' on their website here
    http://www.eircom.net/broadband/products/bundles/ngb/46/

using the 'buy now' button. When I selected 'I am not an eircom customer' and 'I don't have a phone line' on the next prompt, the shopping cart then dropped the Broadband part from the package and only placed an order for a phone line for me and did not complete the order for the broadband package.
    Knowing Eircom, I knew to take their website advise of 10 working days for the broadband with a pinch of salt.
    However after waiting for 3 weeks, and receiving a phone bill for 30 Euros and no broadband in sight I called their 'Customer support' and I was advised that I had only ordered a phone line and the phone billing was done correctly.
    I told the agent that I had originally requested a broadband package which had been dropped from the online shopping cart by their website and now I am stuck with a bill for 30 euros for a phone line which I have no need for and no broadband in sight after waiting for a month.She then added a broadband package for me, but I think it's unacceptable to be paying 30 euros for a service which I have no need for, and not receiving the service that I had originally ordered due to their website's fault. If eircom can't even set up the service for me properly, I wonder what the rest of their service is going to be like.I don't mind the delay of 1 month, but I have no wish to pay the line rental of 30 euros when I did not receive the broadband package I had originally ordered due to the website problems.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi,
    I had ordered 'eircom Next Generation Broadband Ultimate & eircom talktime chatter' on their website here
    http://www.eircom.net/broadband/products/bundles/ngb/46/

using the 'buy now' button. When I selected 'I am not an eircom customer' and 'I don't have a phone line' on the next prompt, the shopping cart then dropped the Broadband part from the package and only placed an order for a phone line for me and did not complete the order for the broadband package.
    Knowing Eircom, I knew to take their website advise of 10 working days for the broadband with a pinch of salt.
    However after waiting for 3 weeks, and receiving a phone bill for 30 Euros and no broadband in sight I called their 'Customer support' and I was advised that I had only ordered a phone line and the phone billing was done correctly.
    I told the agent that I had originally requested a broadband package which had been dropped from the online shopping cart by their website and now I am stuck with a bill for 30 euros for a phone line which I have no need for and no broadband in sight after waiting for a month.She then added a broadband package for me, but I think it's unacceptable to be paying 30 euros for a service which I have no need for, and not receiving the service that I had originally ordered due to their website's fault. If eircom can't even set up the service for me properly, I wonder what the rest of their service is going to be like.I don't mind the delay of 1 month, but I have no wish to pay the line rental of 30 euros when I did not receive the broadband package I had originally ordered due to the website problems.

Hi Art_Vandalay,

Thanks for your query. If you could Private Message your eircom Account Number or phone number, I will take a look at this.

Kind regards
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Art_Vandalay

Hi,
    I've sent a pm with my account details, thanks for following up.

Hi Ant,
    Thanks for your reply, but it doesn't address my complaint, you wrote that the customer service agent waived the 'activation fees'. My complaint was the 1 month bill for the line rental that I paid while the broadband connection was delayed by 1 month. This was due to the website 'shopping cart' not completing my order correctly. I think the 30 euros that I paid for line rental needs to be refunded or adjusted towards next bill.
    Thanks,

Hi Ant,
    Thanks for your reply, but it doesn't address my complaint, you wrote that the customer service agent waived the 'activation fees'. My complaint was the 1 month bill for the line rental that I paid while the broadband connection was delayed by 1 month. This was due to the website 'shopping cart' not completing my order correctly. I think the 30 euros that I paid for line rental needs to be refunded or adjusted towards next bill.
    Thanks,

Hi Art_Vandalay,

I'm looking into your query further and will advise shortly.,

Thanks again,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭BaguMka

Hi there. I just ordered the same package as Art_Vandalay and have a feeling eircom website drop me on line rental fee only but I'm not sure. Ant will you check my order just to make sure my order is correct. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭BaguMka

I've sent you a PM with my details

BaguMka wrote: »
    I've sent you a PM with my details

Thanks BaguMka,

Received your PM.

Alll the best,
    Ant

Hi Art_Vandalay,

I'm looking into your query further and will advise shortly.,

Thanks again,
    Ant

Hi any updates? I hope you are aware the eircom NGB shopping cart flow has issues as well from my original post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi any updates? I hope you are aware the eircom NGB shopping cart flow has issues as well from my original post

Hi Art_Vandalay
    Ant sill be back to you on this issue a bit later this afternoon.
    Tony

Advertisement