Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth Car Kit?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Sneachta wrote: »
    Am looking at this just wondering if anyone has any other recommendations please. Want something that will connect phone and play music from phone but will also have aux in.

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_783107_langId_-1_categoryId_212409

Probably should have posted this in requests but i'd try amazon, they have a decent selection and they're substantially cheaper than halfords. i can't give any recommendations i'm afraid but if you find one with some decent customer reviews you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Sounds like you dont need one. Just get a lead and plug in to your phone. There you go music trough your speakers via the car Aux.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

padocon wrote: »
    Sounds like you dont need one. Just get a lead and plug in to your phone. There you go music trough your speakers via the car Aux.

I dont have aux in but it comes with the one I linked to so does handsfree phone, music from phone via bluetooth and aux in for anything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

You can get a din head unit with bluetooth, aux in etc. for less than the cost of most of the decent car kits. Thats the way I went with the last two cars. ]

Wife had one of the aldi/lidl units which has bluetooth, cd, aud in, usb, cd card inputs only caveat is the radio reception isn't fab usually not a problem unless you live in the styx like I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

paddyp wrote: »
    You can get a din head unit with bluetooth, aux in etc. for less than the cost of most of the decent car kits. Thats the way I went with the last two cars. ]

Wife had one of the aldi/lidl units which has bluetooth, cd, aud in, usb, cd card inputs only caveat is the radio reception isn't fab usually not a problem unless you live in the styx like I do.

The problem with changing the radio in most reasonably recent cars is they have the controls on the steering wheel and most cheap radios dont support adapters. They also make most cars look crap.

I use a Parrott MKI 9200 in my Xantia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

The problem with changing the radio in most reasonably recent cars is they have the controls on the steering wheel and most cheap radios dont support adapters. They also make most cars look crap.

I use a Parrott MKI 9200 in my Xantia.

You can get sony, jvc, pioneer, blaupunkt, kenwood headunits for less than the price of the parrott unless you got a fabulous deal on it. All of which there stalk unit adapters available for most vehicle.

But I agree a lot of the head units can look totally naff with the ubiquitous flashing blue and red lights.

That parrott is great by the way, installed one for the neighbour recently ecellent stuff, mymemory.co.uk used to do good prices on them but seem to have stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved to requests

Advertisement