Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ladies... Do you like guys with facial hair?

• 08-06-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ligerleo

I am in my early 20s and I am wondering what girls my age think of guys with facial hair.... I have noticed it is becoming trendy among male celebrities and sport stars.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭fghijkl

Depends on the guy tbh, i think it looks a bit silly on very "young" looking guys. I do like a bit of stubble in general on guys but full on beard personally its a 'no thanks' really hate the feel of it when it grows past stubble :o*shudder*:o

also i'm late 20's so a little bit older than your target market! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

My fella has a bit of stubble which I like I'm not into full on beard type thing but goatee styles are kinda nice when you can pull them off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Not a fan personally. It's like anything else really - some people will like it, some won't. There's no right or wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MangoLime

Honestly it depends on the individual's taste. I personally am not a fan of facial hair though..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Depends on the dude, but for me, generally, no, I don't like facial hair.

I love the look of a bit of stubble, but have ridiculously sensitive skin so whenever I'm actually with a guy with stubble, any time I kiss him I come away with a bright-red goatee :( So facial hair + romantic prospects = pain for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

To look at....very sexy.

When it's going up my nose while we're kissing?? Not so sexy...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

LOVE facial hair. Couldn't love beards any more. I'd hardly look at a clean-shaven guy these days.

No preference. Depends on the guy and what suits him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

love it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Some guys are drool-worthy with facial hair, some look like convicted rapists from the 70s. So really it depends on the guy, the style they go for, and whether or not they can pull the look off. It doesn't suit everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RachelBewley

My guy is balding but has a shaved head that always matches the length of his facial hair so it is constant stubble. LOVE IT! Hate it when he has to shave smooth for work trips and stuff. But, I think it really depends on the guy's features. Don't be tempted to do a silly goatee. That screams of trying too hard in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Just a bit of stubble on a good looking guy is so sexy!!! but not nice when kissing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Facial hair makes a guy so much hotter. I fancy my boyfriend a million times more when hes got a bit of a beard!

Not a crazy beard mind, just a bit longer than stubble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 needtowork

I like the look of it, but I do not like going to work on Monday with stubble rash!! Therefore, I'm not a fan of stubble on my fella :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Not a big fan at all, very sensetive skin so stubble burn, ouccccccchhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

It really suits some guys, others not so much. From a purely practical perspective I can't stand it - stubble rash takes a good couple of days to clear and it's not really a conversation I want to have with people at work when they see my face :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Ah stubble rash....

The trick is to get your boyfriend to keep it a little long than stubble so that its a bit softer.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lighterthought

nope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I adore beards. My boyfriend has a pretty big beard and moustache but they're always kept neat and I think he looks great.
    I have a bit of a thing for slightly scruffy lads though... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO please make it go away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

It depends on what type of beard you have. If you don't have enough growth to form a nice (full-looking) beard, then don't even try! It will look ever so silly and not very attractive at all - even if it's kept short (sparse is never pretty)

If you have hair for it, little stubble is nice from time to time, but you'll have to look after it well and make sure it stays short and trimmed :)

(I'm in my early 20's)

I love beardy men.

But I have to agree with most of the ladies here, a lot of guys really can't grow a proper one, and stubble is ALWAYS a no no. Stubble against your face while you're trying to kiss a guy is horrible.

If you try to grow a beard, and it ends up looking like a full-face ronnie, abort the plan, because it's not going to work. The whole attraction of beards (for me anyway) is that they're all manly looking, like you're about to go become a lumberjack or something. If you're beard is naturally a bit weak, don't bother with it. Designer beards are along the same lines IMO, they don't exactly promote the "I could bash you over the head with a club and drag you back to my cave if I wanted" look. Also, never have the length of your beard longer than the length of your hair. Head hair should always be longer than facial hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Love facial hair! As Faith said above, I wouldn't look twice at a fella that's clean shaven. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I like my boy with a little bit of stubble....but I also like when he's clean shaven as his skin is all nice and soft! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I freakin LOVE it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I love facial hair.

Not too much hair though, slight stubble, it's damn sexy!

Beards are a total no *shudder*.

A soul patch and goatee are nice though. A guy I once dated had a SP&G, sex as fook! Rawr!:o:D

That said, facial hair doesn't suit everyone so it would depend on the guy I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I love facial hair.

A soul patch and goatee are nice though. A guy I once dated had a SP&G, sex as fook! Rawr!:o:D

That said, facial hair doesn't suit everyone so it would depend on the guy I guess.

Thats what my boyfriend has :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

I freaking love stubble. So sexy and manly. :D And beards are ok if they're on the shorter side... not bushy, definitely don't like that, not at all, in fact it's a definite turn off for me. Patchy is good though. I kinda like the scruffy look.
    Some guys are drool-worthy with facial hair, some look like convicted rapists from the 70s.

:pac:

Well said! A guy in my office has a moustache and he has the sides going down beside his mouth. Not such a good look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

I think a little stubble can look nice, I'm not a fan of a full beard though. It depends on the guy tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Facial hair/stubble styled nicely can look very hot, but not full grown beard or sideburns.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Beards and mustaches FTW! I love them! I hate goatees and soul patches though, not for me at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I love facial hair.

I think these look ridiculous!! I don't like "designer" facial hair/stubble and the older a guy is, the sillier he looks. Such a turn-off!

I like the rough-and-ready look. My boyfriend uses an electric razor on his beard so he's never clean shaven. I don't even get stubble rash anymore! When he is clean shaven he looks about 16! I don't think I'd like him with a full-on Alan from Hangover-esque beard, but I do like a few day's growth. He probably only shaves about once a week or so and he always looks hot in my very humble opinion :D

Advertisement