Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU Hours

Options
  • 08-06-2011 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey, I was just hoping to find out what the hours are like for the Law and Society(BCL) and Economics, Politics and Law courses in DCU. They're my number 1 and 2 on the CAO so I'm pretty sure I'm going there next year and was just hoping to find out...Cheers! :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

http://www.dcu.ie/timetables/search.shtml

Choose class timetable - then BCL or EPL and year 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭PenguinMan

EPL is my first choice on the CAO (might see you there so :)). I've looked up the timetable before on DCU's website for last year's 1st year semester 1 and you can see it here. It's a tad complicated and I can't fully understand it, but I think it works out about 15 or 16 hours a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

You might only have about 15hrs of class per week but dont let that fool you.

BCL, EPL and IR have about the same amount of hours but the volume of reading you will have to undertake in your own time will be huge.

Chapters take roughly an hour to read thoroughly and that is without making notes - add in note taking and you are easily a couple of hours or a little more - on a weekly basis you could have anywhere between 5 - 8 chapters and that is just required reading.

Usually there will be a good few recommended readings also but truth is you will find it tough to get through all that.

My experience from first year was that semester 1 will have less work than semester 2.

Advertisement