Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog groomer.

• 08-06-2011 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a good and not too expensive dog grooming person in limerick :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Janet1986

Doggy stylz out near watch house cross.

Cheap for dog food too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Declan from Ballykeefe is excellent. Cannot remember the name of his dog grooming business.

He is the guy with the green Mobile grooming unit that looks like a dog's head.

He is very good with dogs of all sizes and has an amazing knoiack of making the dogs feel at ease insiode the grooming area.

He is very handy as he comes to your house and just brings the dog out to the mobile grooming unit and does them there.

His rates are very reasonable, but best call him for a quote as it can vary a little depending on the size of dog and the job you want done.

085 7827014 is his number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Emerald Pooch is Declan's one. I know the man...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Thanks , live out towards Declans area so will give hime a call. Thanks for the number will let you know how i get on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Kess73 wrote: »
    Declan from Ballykeefe is excellent. Cannot remember the name of his dog grooming business.

He is the guy with the green Mobile grooming unit that looks like a dog's head.

He is very good with dogs of all sizes and has an amazing knoiack of making the dogs feel at ease insiode the grooming area.

He is very handy as he comes to your house and just brings the dog out to the mobile grooming unit and does them there.

His rates are very reasonable, but best call him for a quote as it can vary a little depending on the size of dog and the job you want done.

085 7827014 is his number.
    Anyone know any other ones? My dog is in need of a grooming. We used get Plush Puppies(?) to do it, but she is gone for a while. We tried Declan Nash (Emerald Pooch) but we weren't the happiest with it (just wanted to shave the dog, seemed unsure what to do with long haired dogs). It has been a couple of year though (before he was Emerald Pooch, when the van wasn't green) so he may have improved with experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

i took my fellas 2 petmania in ennis road the otehr day they did a great day and where cheap 2 my dog was happy and so was i when i got charged 40e for nails been clipped etc etc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

i took my fellas 2 petmania in ennis road the otehr day they did a great day and where cheap 2 my dog was happy and so was i when i got charged 40e for nails been clipped etc etc :)

also used same place for my cocker spaniel and quite happy with it. Got reduced rate at the time as i donated to some dogwalk thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

I took my fella to Petmania on the Ennis Road too and found them to be very good as well, Christina was the girls name i think and she made him look fab & he was vv happy there had no probs with being in there

Would never take any dog to any Petmania to be groomed after seeing first hand how roughly some dogs get treated by one individual working for them in Limerick.

Getting the cut right is important to me, but knowing that dogs get treated properly is more important in my eyes.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Anyone know any other ones? My dog is in need of a grooming. We used get Plush Puppies(?) to do it, but she is gone for a while. We tried Declan Nash (Emerald Pooch) but we weren't the happiest with it (just wanted to shave the dog, seemed unsure what to do with long haired dogs). It has been a couple of year though (before he was Emerald Pooch, when the van wasn't green) so he may have improved with experience.

I cannot say what he is like for a long hair dog or what he was like years ago before Emerald Pooch, but I do know that he is very good with smaller and large short haired dogs. He has a wonderful manner with the dogs and is able to work well even with very contrary dogs.

But I do know he is very good with German Shepards, St. Bernards, and smaller dogs like King Charles or Shih tzu as between me and some friends of mine he has done all of those types.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Emerald Pooch is good with the dogs but we used him and got him to shave my Cavalier the prob was when his hair grew back it was never as nice or he never looked as well as he had before being shaved. It was my request to have him shaved but Declan never said anything to us bout it possibly altering the way his hair grew back; & I have found out since its a mistake to shave a cavalier.

I can't fault him with the way he handles the dogs my two dogs got on fine with him

Advertisement