Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

energie gym applewood

Options
  • 08-06-2011 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Anyone in this gym ? i used to be in it when it was jackie skellys 3 years ago, has the crowd changed, is the place kept well

I heard they are charging quite alot more than jackie skelly's use to

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I'm a member there and am happy with it. I don't know what they are charging new members - my membership hasn't been renewed since they took over. However, they redecorated the gym floor at the end of 2010 and installed a lot of new machines. The trainers and other staff are more or less unchanged from the previous owners' time. I think the standard is high. The place is usually clean. My only complaint is the large amount of kids' swimming lessons ongoing, which means that you have to pick carefully your time to avoid hoards in the pool and changing rooms.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

I rejoined after leaving jackie skellys(brutal shower of ***) a few years ago, Its a lot better...... a lot.

The new membership fee is €48 per month.

The pool is being used a lot more than it was before and as PP says you have to pick the times if you want a bit of peace, saying that I figured out what the best times were within a couple of weeks and reception can tell you excatly when the classes are on so as to avoid.....Saturday and Sunday are very busy.

The Gym is clean and has enough machines even during the peak times (after work on monday ;-))

The free 6 week course they offer with personal training/nutrition and mindset stuff is well worthwhile if your just starting as well.

Advertisement