Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

original certs not returned at the end of dv interview

Options
  • 08-06-2011 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

hi,
    i'm wondering if it's normal thing that my original certificates weren't returned at the end of immigrant visa interview?aren't they supposed to return at least some of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I am not sure specifically relating to the DV lottery but in normal immigrant visa cases (spousal visa, fiancee etc), yes, all originals are returned but they take photocopies, and may keep certified translations/ copies.

If I remember right you haven't received your passport back yet? I'd wait and see if your documents are in the package (with the passport- do NOT open the brown envelope you'll need to handover to the border officer!). If not, give the embassy a call; they may simply have forgotten to hand it back, as happened with the Irish birth cert of our daughter when we went to get her Consular Record of Birth Abroad.

Advertisement