Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7 on an MSI U135DX ? 1 GB RAM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I have one of these running windows 7 ultimate with 1GB ram.computer came with Xp installed.seems grand with only 1GB ram but having 2GB would speed things up alot more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

Win7 will run far better than Vista at 1GB. It will be ok but 2GB would make it 100x better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭long_b

Reckon I'll throw it on anyways and dual boot it.

If I were to upgrade to a 2 GB stick does anyone know if I could use the RAM stick from this into my EEE PC 701 ?

Running Ultimate lovely on 1 GB :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

long_b wrote: »
    Running Ultimate lovely on 1 GB :)

lovely depends on the user

• Advertisement

Im_EoinD wrote: »
    lovely depends on the user

Yup, nothing demanding so far. Running around 500 - 750 MB with just a few Chrome windows open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

long_b wrote: »
    Reckon I'll throw it on anyways and dual boot it.

If I were to upgrade to a 2 GB stick does anyone know if I could use the RAM stick from this into my EEE PC 701 ?

I don't think the RAM from this laptop will fit into the EEE PC 701 the MSI laptop uses DDR3 RAM whereas the EEE PC uses DDR2 RAM.

Some of those EEE PC laptops have the RAM soldered onto the main board so you may not be able to remove it.

Also did you know you can overclock the MSI laptop?
    From 1.66GHz to 1.83GHz its not much of an increase of processor power but i've noticed a huge speed up in windows since doing this.

After pressing the power button on the laptop keep pressing the delete key it will bring you to the BIOS settings and there is a setting within the menu called system performance when i got my laptop it was set to level 2 i changed it to level 5 (the highest it goes) this is what the Turbo Drive Engine technology is.It's a great feture added by MSI as most other netbooks don't have a overclock feature provided by the OEM.:cool:

Must try that one of the days - does it suck much more juice this way ?

Advertisement