Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How far outside the city does Upc reach

• 08-06-2011 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi, Just as the post says, How far outside the city does Upc reach. We might have to move to kilmeadan, in the next while and my brother has just moved to Fenner. He wasn't sure either, but heard it doesn't reach any area in Tramore. he tried ringing but couldn't get through.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

City only im afraid. You can barely get broadband in Fenor, nevermind UPC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    Hi, Just as the post says, How far outside the city does Upc reach. We might have to move to kilmeadan, in the next while and my brother has just moved to Fenner. He wasn't sure either, but heard it doesn't reach any area in Tramore. he tried ringing but couldn't get through.

Fenor and Kilmeaden are whats called mmds areas so the tv service is available in both.
    Unfortunately the phone and broadband is not there im afraid. If you need any help let me know (I work in the upc sales office) and il gladly help you :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Do UPC come out that far for TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Sully wrote: »
    Do UPC come out that far for TV?

Upc is basically nationwide for tv service whether its cable or mmds - only difference is depending on the area if your on mmds you could be missing a few channels. Areas like certain parts of Donegal and west coast of country are no service areas aswell as certain appartment blocks which are contracted out to different providers (eg The Old Infirmary in Waterford)

Upc is in Tramore!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

Thanks for the replies guys. At least I know I'll get some decent telly. So how would I get broadband? Through my phone with eircom??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

I cant get UPC broadband in bracken grove :mad: Yep you will get it via phoneline.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Thanks for the replies guys. At least I know I'll get some decent telly. So how would I get broadband? Through my phone with eircom??
    For what its worth if you want decent telly that is clear and consistent then keep away from MMDS and go with SKY. MMDS does not provide a good picture unless you have direct line of sight with the transmitter. As for service from UPC....well thats another thread:)
    This is my experience at any rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

At least I know I'll get some decent telly.

Not with UPC MMDS you wont.

Advertisement