Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concise Cramming

• 08-06-2011 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

Now seeing as we are all cramming like absolute mad men, what method do you find makes the information stick the best?
    Do you write out the material several times, read it aloud, or just read over it?

Or how do you plan to cram?
    Just learn quotes? Sample answers?

I've skimmed over all my possible points for poets (consonance! :D) and made sure I know the quotes for each one. My reasoning is, that if I know enough quotes. I can mold them to any answer. As long as I make it seem seamless.

Same with Hamlet. I've learned the order of soliloquies, and just quotes, quotes, quotes.
    A basic knowledge of each character helps too :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

I have basically just been going over all the characters because your guaranteed a character question to come up, I've done Hamlet, Claudius, Horatio, Gertrude and Laertas and a bit of fortinbras

oh and I know the soliloqueys aswell so i should be covered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Gonna watch The Kite Runner tonight, Hamlet tomorrow, with my notes beside me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

Also, for Comparative, I plan to just learn off my points and the order.
    Like, 1 Power Figures
    2 Restriction
    3 Parental Influence
    Etc. And hope that my knowledge of the texts will fit the pieces together. I've done about 5 Theme and Issue and 5 CC essays since the start of the year, so I know the texts well anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭irishgirl10

For tomorrow I basically have 5 poet essays, 3 Hamlet character essays and 1 Theme essay, and 1 CC and 1 T/I essay for each. Gonna mould them into the question as best as I can!

Advertisement