Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin rent

Options
  • 08-06-2011 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

hi everyone,
    im looking for place to rent in dublin from the beginning of august, ill be goin to college to finish my last year but im not a regular student, im married with a toddler so there wont be any messing around
    i have good references from previous places
    i used to live in dorset street while i was doin my first year of college and then i got pregnant so i had to hold of finishing for a year, now i want to go back and while dorset st was great i dont think its the right place to bring a toddler
    id be looking for somewhere in a round the city or on the way to dun laoighre for in around €700 a month and it has to be 2 bedroomed though.
    if anyone has a place or knows of a place id be very grateful
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,288 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

anywhere soutside on the green luas or dart would be handy :rolleyes:

Check the maps on their sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bensonx

thanks,
    im on daft and the likes all the time and there looking for ridiculous money for these dirty, smelly bedsits you know and its all done through estate agents so im hoping to find a decent private landlord somewhere lol, probably dreaming but worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

If there is no picture don't bother viewing. Top tip ;-)

yeah and even with a pic most of them aint worth viewing
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I doubt you'll get a 2 bed in and around Dún Laoghaire for €700 unless you get very lucky, even then I'd say it will be most likely a bit dingy and on the run-down side.

There are a good few places around Rathmines for that price though, but they will probably be just a few converted rooms in an old house, nothing too modern.

The standard of accommodation in Dublin is absolutely shocking for the prices that you are expected to pay, but hopefully you find something decent enough for yourself and your child.

Best of luck anyway :)

yeah thanks raekwon
    im not looking to go out as far as DL tho, lived in dorset st for a a good bit and loved it there but for the sake of the child ill go out a bit further
    not too far tho lol

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

Have a look up around Dublin 8, its pretty central and reasonable enough rent. A lot of new apartments up that way. I found it to be a nice enough area (very old Dublin though) and the shops/cafes/bars are reasonable enough for Dublin city

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

Where is your college? It is impossible to advise anything as transport routes suit some areas and not others.

well i already know the buses and all, its in dun loaighre though
    it was very handy in dorset st, jus get the 7 right to the door of the college, but i want to go a bit outside the city as i said
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

bensonx wrote: »
    its in dun loaighre though
    I'm going to take a guess, and say it's Senior College Dun Laoghaire?

Place in Clonskeagh: http://www.daft.ie/21050184

Advertisement