Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swanky lighter as a gift

• 08-06-2011 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

I would love to buy my husband a luxury cigarette lighter as a 50th birthday gift, can't really stretch to Dunhill or St Dupont :D But am willing to splash out - any recommendations?? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Get a brass body Zippo and have it engraved with his name or monogram.
    If you want to splash out a little more then look at the gas fueled zippos - 'Blu'. Around €60.00.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Those gas zippos look very good, I didn't even know they existed until last week, How long have they been around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

In the name of god don't go near those gas Zippos - I had a welt on my thumb from trying to strike it - pure useless :mad:

(If you don't believe me google a bit)

I'd suggest this - appropriately 50th Anniversary edition..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ronson-Varaflame-50th-Anniversary-Limited-Edition-NEW-/160386225865?pt=UK_Collectables_Tobacciana_Smoking_LE&hash=item2557c396c9

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Thanks - forgot to say definitely not Zippo......The Ronson lighter is gorgeous...does anyone know if Givenchy lighters are nice? I saw this http://www.humidorsonline.co.uk/lighters-givenchy-lighters-c-84_143_276.html and thought they have a sort of Dunhill/Cartier look! They are quite attractive, I would spend 150 or 200 euro ish, so want to get the best I can afford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

dragona wrote: »
    Thanks - forgot to say definitely not Zippo......The Ronson lighter is gorgeous...does anyone know if Givenchy lighters are nice? I saw this http://www.humidorsonline.co.uk/lighters-givenchy-lighters-c-84_143_276.html and thought they have a sort of Dunhill/Cartier look! They are quite attractive, I would spend 150 or 200 euro ish, so want to get the best I can afford.

150-200 Euro on a lighter. Oh my sweet jesus. When my mates are around you can't even leave a disposable out without it getting nicked :mad:

• Advertisement

SteoL wrote: »
    150-200 Euro on a lighter. Oh my sweet jesus. When my mates are around you can't even leave a disposable out without it getting nicked :mad:

Ah well yes, I know it sounds mad! But I have been saving up, and cannot for the life of me think what else to get him ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,789 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A cheaper lighter and the rest on some quality cigars?

I bought some cigars in Dominican Republic this April:D Think I might go for this one.......http://www.cgarsltd.co.uk/corona-classico-palladium-diamond-p-4705.html

Pricey I know, but I like the look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭miltonkrest

thats a nice lighter all right -

i'm 50 and i have a ronson varaflame which i love because i remember my father having one when i was a kid.
    €125 from foxes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread:
    I am getting married soon and would like to get my best man a decent lighter for a gift, I like the look of a vintage ronson and there seems to be plenty of them on ebay within my budget. I think he would like to get something that has a bit of character to it (ie used) as it would be nice piece to have.
    Are they pretty decent? Are they hard to maintain/get parts if the one i get is not fully working?

• Advertisement
Advertisement