Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

door security- door jamb armour

• 08-06-2011 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

did anyone check out that site burglary busters and that door jamb armour system they claim stops breaking in tru internal doors and the other stuff on there about locks etc. Or did anybody try it? was wondering how they found it

thanks

vicky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

mmm, wouldn't look the best on internal hardwood doors.
    Best look at your perimeter security first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

I got the door jamb armour installed by burglarybusters recently who put in anti snap anti bump anti pick etc locks on all my doors even adding extra locks in certain areas.

The origional bedroom door wasnt solid so they put in a solid firedoor which matched the look of my other doors and painted it the same colour and all. It looks the same as my other doors.
    The new door is solid with jamb armour it has an additional thumb turn lock at the base to reinforce it further against being kicked in.

Im very happy with it and feel more secure.
    Now Ive done everything I can to prevent someone getting into my home but I am even more secure in the knowledge that if anyone did get in while I was in the house I could feel safe in at least one room untill the Guards arrived.

It makes sense to me to put some money into preventing anyone getting into my home rather than just spending money on raising an alarm when they actually do.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved to DIY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

These guys who came around to my home and did a review of the ways I could reinforce and improve the physical security of my home have really helped me feel safer and I thank them for that.
    I think we can spend a lot of time complaining about bad work or bad service but I think its important to also tell others when you are happy with something and besides in these difficult economic times its important to encourage Irish enterprise.

Here's some photos of the new bedroom door that was put in for me with door jamb armour.
    Its the one on the left in the photo of the two doors.
    The single door is a photo taken from inside the room and you can see the armour a bit in this image as well as the thumb turn lock at the base.
    Doesnt look a bit unsightly to me.

6249243753_b1194af9d2.jpg[/url]

6249770472_b115ae90dd_z.jpg

Advertisement