Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pike fishing best time to catch?.

Options
  • 09-06-2011 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭

hey i plan to go pike fishing in the next few days to a pond where there is a fresh river flowing in at the mouth of it,was wondering if morning time was the best time for them to take and if so what time(s).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

Dusk Dawn and around noon ( zenith )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Winter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Winter

Dont tease the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Winter

I much prefer summer piking. So much more exciting.
    Longer days, alot more bait options, harder fighting and usually more pike wich is always a plus. And of course not to forget... Sunburn:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

I much prefer summer piking. So much more exciting.
    Longer days, alot more bait options, harder fighting and usually more pike wich is always a plus. And of course not to forget... Sunburn:D

very true. love spinning in small rivers for jacks in summer, and of course you get the odd double figure fish this way too. But, I love dead baiting in the winter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Don't get me wrong, I love my frosty winter deadbaiting beside a wee campfire to cook the fry and the Kelly's Kettle smoking away boiling the water for the tea:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Don't get me wrong, I love my frosty winter deadbaiting beside a wee campfire to cook the fry and the Kelly's Kettle smoking away boiling the water for the tea:D

Cant beat it! There are 2 times when you are guarnteed to get a run in the winder, either when you have a full, hot cup of tea in your hand, and/or before a big shower of rain!........and a lot of them will be dropped runs :rolleyes:

Advertisement