Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flashing Xbox360 Hitachi 47 Drive

Options
  • 09-06-2011 3:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭

Basically I've about a million tabs open trying to figure out what I actually need to flash this drive. A lot of the information I am seeing is from 4+ years ago.

Can anyone confirm that what I have is correct for flashing:
    Jungleflasher 0.1.73
    iXtreme Hitachi LT 1.1

There are newer versions of Jungleflasher but the tutorial PDF I found is using the above version so I stuck with that. I'm assuming this will do the job ok? Any input greatly appreciated as I plan to do this tomorrow night

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

The latest version of jungleflasher is best you only need the Hitachi tab, what kind of setup are you using? Via card and CK3? Maximus Lizard or x360 USB?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

justryan wrote: »
    The latest version of jungleflasher is best you only need the Hitachi tab, what kind of setup are you using? Via card and CK3? Maximus Lizard or x360 USB?

I was going to connect it via SATA to my pc. Do I need a via card to do that? Is CK3 necessary? I thought you could just power on xbox and use the SATA cable. As you can see I haven't mastered the art of flashing yet :P Going to do some more research before I go in with 2 feet. Any help appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

You can either use your Xbox 360 connected to a power supply to power the drive during flashing or a CK3 connected to a molex from your PC.

I'm not sure if a normal SATA port will work, so buy a VIA 6421A card http://cgi.ebay.ie/3-PORT-SATA-Serial-ATA-1-IDE-VIA-6421A-PCI-Card-/110674687484?pt=UK_Computing_Computer_Components_Graphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW&hash=item19c4b9b5fc

Slot it into an empty PCI socket and connect a SATA cable to this port
    http://www.team-xecuter.com/images/via6421.jpg

Download the lastest version of Jungleflasher and your good to go, you will need to get the Hitachi drive into Mode B to read/write to the chip.

Advertisement