Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1: Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

This is starting to look more and more like a half points set up to me, taking too long to stop raining and will be a long time before it clears off the track even when it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bigboy123

Ara the BBC saw this coming, they've put on the antiques roadshow at a quarter past eight,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Those lad with sweeping brushes are wasting their time

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

steve9859 wrote: »
    Like Webber says, it is a sporting event, and the drivers want to race. They should wait for as long as it takes (presumably until it gets dark), irrespective of TV. (but like I said before, I hop BBC stay with it)

i just hope BBC stay with it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

This is starting to look more and more like a half points set up to me, taking too long to stop raining and will be a long time before it clears off the track even when it does.
    They have about 6 hours before it gets dark.
    Like Webber says, it is a sporting event, and the drivers want to race. They should wait for as long as it takes (presumably until it gets dark), irrespective of TV. (but like I said before, I hop BBC stay with it)
    Damn right. As I said I hope they wait a while so they run as few laps as possible under the SC.

Also how lazy is Jake Humphrey? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

I bloody hope the BBC stay with this until the finish. I dont have the red button or setanta

google and install expat shield (free Uk VPN tunnel), then http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/default.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

They may go to the red button, the forum usually goes on for two hours afterwards so it's no trouble for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I was at Nascar in Massachusetts in 09, rained a small bit. They brought out a pickup with a jet engine facing towards the track, dried it up in 3 laps.

Bernie needs to invest!

its only 3pm there so fingers crossed we get some sort of racing

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bigboy123

How long was the wait between red flag and half points in malasia 2009? It surely wasn't much longer than this

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Whatever about his driving, Hamilton is nailing Nicole Scherzinger and he'll probably have his way with Rihanna tonight by the looks of it!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I hope they don't cancel Antiques Roadshow - I really look forward to the wheeling and dealing they do :rolleyes:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

bigboy123 wrote: »
    How long was the wait between red flag and half points in malasia 2009? It surely wasn't much longer than this

It was starting to get dark I think, think that grand prix starts later in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Whatever about his driving, Hamilton is nailing Nicole Scherzinger and he'll probably have his way with Rihanna tonight by the looks of it!!! ;)
    I'm half thinking of growing pubes down the side of my face, seems to work for him!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Brighter skies. Whoop!

The problem with that race was the fact that it was basically dark at that stage in Malaysia. It won't dark in Canada tonight until maybe 9 in Canada.

amacachi wrote: »
    They have about 6 hours before it gets dark.

I highly doubt they would wait anywhere near that, it's coming up on 2 hours since the original start now.

As Ghost Train said it was starting to get dark, same as Korea last year. It's only about 3 o'clock in midsummer over there right now so there's plenty of time to go.

Those jet blasters are great on ovals or tracks where there's somewhere for the water to go, there's nowhere for them to blast the water where they are.

rain to stop in 10 mins, i dont think thats being realistic but i have all the time in the world :D

I highly doubt they would wait anywhere near that, it's coming up on 2 hours since the original start now.

They won't need to. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

RayM wrote: »
    Just looking at the lap chart... The Red Shouldered Blackbird has just set the fastest time through the first sector.

Roadrunner wannabe

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

so whats your favourite humming noise :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

They should probably restart the race behind the roadsweeping truck. I just timed its trip around the track, and it was actually two tenths faster than the HRT.

Autosport wrote: »
    rain to stop in 10 mins, i dont think thats being realistic but i have all the time in the world :D

They were saying it was going to stop in 15 while they were still running behind the safety car :pac:

Sitec wrote: »
    I'm half thinking of growing pubes down the side of my face, seems to work for him!

I've it done. Mutton Chops on either side and shave the ronnie and beard. Bitches love Mutton Chops.

The 2 mercs are flying around the track :D I wouldnt mind driving the red one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

I'm not watching this channel to see fcuking Rhianna poncing around, the talentless wretch.

Senna would have told her to fcuk off out of his garage!!!

:mad::mad::mad:

I'm not watching this channel to see fcuking Rhianna poncing around, the talentless wretch.

Senna would have told her to fcuk off out of his garage!!!

:mad::mad::mad:

I would much prefer Colin farrell to be in my garage ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

If the F1 cars stayed at racing speed then the track might not have got that wet because the cars would be lifting the water off. Only reason for a wet race to be red flagged is if their is so much water the cars cant lift it off or "rivers" of water crossing the track, unfortunately we didn't get to see if that was the case because of the premature safety car slowed the pace and the track got covered in water.

LoL at the self proclaimed wet race master!

Advertisement