Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1: Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Sheeps wrote: »
    this rain is ridiculous. things just keep happening for vettel

He keeps winning and keeps beating everyone else, sign of a true champion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Dcully wrote: »
    Hamilton ****e talking as usual, if he thinks he was half a cars length alongside Button then he shouldnt be in motorsport let alone F1, the guy becomes a bigger tit every race :rolleyes:

As I said earlier if he'd debuted 20 years ago he would've been gone within a season. It seems that finally this year the other drivers aren't just getting scared off-line by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Thats a massive amount of standing water at turns 1 & 2

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

amacachi wrote: »
    As I said earlier if he'd debuted 20 years ago he would've been gone within a season. It seems that finally this year the other drivers aren't just getting scared off-line by him.

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Monsoon or not they have full wet tires they should race. if cars designed for dry weather, thats not MY problem, I want to see racing despite weather.

Maybe taking in consideration AGAIN that fecking mechanical grip instead of aerodynamics while designing them!

They can drive 50kmh for sure if someone is overtaking on 51kmh thats how it works then! No accident can hurt drivers on 50kmh anyway if collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The surface water does look like swimming pools :eek:

Starting with the safety car was stupid tho

The water being pushed around by that cleaning truck/ brush thing is unreal, couldn't see it starting for 30 mins + .

One wonders about the wisdom of doing that while the rain is still falling, can't imagine the grass will be able to absorb any more once the rain finishes which is when they'll need to have more water clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I want that red merc - gorgeous!

Mercedes-SLS-AMG-HighRes-08_610x442.jpg

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Modern F1 cars are safe but you can still get hurt (see Perez). Man its really falling down now, some of the curbs are completely hidden :pac:

When was the last time there was a serious injury in the wet? I'm struggling to think of any. I assume the greatly reduced speeds make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

The next thing they'll do it call it quits all together

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Man made island in the middle a lake
    I'd imagine it's a nightmare for drainage, the water won't shift

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

They're almost in the clear for the rainfall

Modern F1 cars are safe but you can still get hurt (see Perez). Man its really falling down now, some of the curbs are completely hidden :pac:

Sorry but you compare F1 to other forms of motor racing and there's no comparison.

Send Ken Block out and put on some sort of show for us :D drifting in the wet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Would you prefer that they poodle around at 50km/h in second gear for the best part of an hour?

yep would be more fun than this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I hope Bernie is up in his tower thinking up of new regulations to make these cars run in the wet. They can do everything else, they should be able to run in the rain.

That is true, any bikers on here that can give us the number of bike deaths this year? Its very easy to to become blasé about safety and think that modern F1 cars are invincible. Kubica was very lucky at this very track a couple of years ago, he nearly lost both his legs.

He would've been going about 80-100km/h slower in the wet though.

That is true, any bikers on here that can give us the number of bike deaths this year? Its very easy to to become blasé about safety and think that modern F1 cars are invincible. Kubica was very lucky at this very track a couple of years ago, he nearly lost both his legs.

Yeah very true.

Having said that, Kubica hasn't had any accidents in rally racing for instance has he?

I think Kubica would argue that his rally crash was a little worse than the F1 crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I hope Bernie is up in his tower thinking up of new regulations to make these cars run in the wet. They can do everything else, they should be able to run in the rain.

Well, he wanted to make it rain artificially with sprinkler systems. I don't think he is the guy we should look to for a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

While there probably would be more accidents if they continued to race, surely they would be a lot less dangerous at the low speeds they'd be doing? Listening to all the teams agree with the decision, I reckon it's more of a case being afraid to lose points than afraid for the drivers safety.
    I agree with the decision to stop, but not with the use of the safety car.

• Advertisement

Will the BBC continue with the race as on the guide it says until 815pm :confused: although i suppose its not a race

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Fake rain during races ftw!

Oh wait....

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Fake rain during races ftw!

Oh wait....

Anyone willing to give me odds on this race not getting going again?

Speed isn't always the major factor in crashes (although it normally is), I have seen some low speed crashes where people have been badly hurt.

When was the last time a non-high speed crash caused a serious injury in F1 though?

Just on the last replay of the McLaren incident, Button was checking his mirrors alright but he took his main turn to the left while Hamilton was still directly behind him to force Hamilton to take the bad line into the first corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I dont think we are going to get a race today.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'd say we'll get a restart in the next 20/30 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Pity its so bad. Hopefully won't be too long till restart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

hamilton gambled and lost whats the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭lolie

Thank god he didnt get his way with the track side sprinklers. At least there not wasting laps behind the safety car like few years ago. If thats not bad enough im watching bbc2 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Does all this time under red flags count towards the 2 hour limit? Or has the clock stopped of sorts.

Most of the fans/crowd have left for the tented villages me thinks...

Advertisement