Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1: Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

to think I skipped hammond on bcc2 for this **** :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭mmmmmmm.......

"When was the last time a non-high speed crash caused a serious injury in F1 though?"

perez two weeks ago? although some might consider it a serious injury, it was serious enough for him not to be racing today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    If you were a team manager/race director would you like to take that risk?

Wouldn't risk it in this condition but starting the race under the safety car and bringing the safety car out too early the last time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    If you were a team manager/race director would you like to take that risk?

Sorry but if someone can't be logical they have no place on the pit wall. I just saw a bird on the track, would you take the risk of sending a car around after seeing that? I'm proposing that there may be less risk involved in the rain and I've yet to hear a rebuttal.

Fingers crossed when the race is restarting they'll give it a few more minutes before restarting so we get as much green running as possible. I'd rather wait 15 minutes so we would get an extra ~10 laps rather than just starting as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

God-dammit, why can't they all just stop being wimps, and just race away.

The longer this red flag is, the less time I get to dedicated exclusively to the NASCAR :mad:

• Advertisement

"When was the last time a non-high speed crash caused a serious injury in F1 though?"

perez two weeks ago? although some might consider it a serious injury, it was serious enough for him not to be racing today.

That was pretty high speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Just get David Attenborough

I'm seeing more birds then racing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Sooo much money involved in this sport but some RAIN is ruining whole show aarrghh
    Reminds me on main airport maintenance stupidity while its snowing.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    God-dammit, why can't they all just stop being wimps, and just race away.

The longer this red flag is, the less time I get to dedicated exclusively to the NASCAR :mad:

They can't race in these conditions. Are you watching on a poor quality stream or are you just being mental? :P

amacachi wrote: »
    Are you watching on a poor quality stream or are you just being mental? :P

F1's on the big 32" HDTV in the living room, NASCAR streaming on a ****ty laptop on my lap.

I don't consider myself mental, the NASCAR Nationwide and Champ Car raced here in the same weather and kept going.

• Advertisement

They can't race in these conditions. Are you watching on a poor quality stream or are you just being mental? :P

Ofcourse they cant race because when somebody on charge was comparing how much he could have more profit instead of building better drainage... etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

F1's on the big 32" HDTV

That's not big

F1's on the big 32" HDTV in the living room, NASCAR streaming on a ****ty laptop on my lap.

I don't consider myself mental, the NASCAR Nationwide and Champ Car raced here in the same weather and kept going.

Were the kerbs completely submerged? Also you know yourself there's a huge difference between NASCAR and F1.

freestyla wrote: »
    instead of building better drainage... etc..

Island in the middle of the lake. The land is pretty much at water level
    Drainage is a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Wish they would stop showing these replays of the start, I'm only half watching while it's stopped and when I glance over I get a fright to see it starting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Just realised that Kobayashi will restart in 2nd with new tyres :o

That's not big

Is it when compared to my 24" PC monitor that normally streams, and my 15" laptop.
    Were the kerbs completely submerged? Also you know yourself there's a huge difference between NASCAR and F1.

It was this bad in N'wide '08 and at least they ran about 40 of 75 laps before calling it. And they were on rain tyres made 10 years beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Another 20 - 25 minutes rain....

Great :(

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bigboy123

The mercedes "happy camper tent" haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Just looking at the lap chart... The Red Shouldered Blackbird has just set the fastest time through the first sector.

• Advertisement

Just realised that Kobayashi will restart in 2nd with new tyres :o
    Pointed that out earlier, something to look forward to at least. :D
    It was this bad in N'wide '08 and at least they ran about 40 of 75 laps before calling it. And they were on rain tyres made 10 years beforehand.
    Aye but there's a fair bit more ground clearance and a lot less speed to worry about in those.

mikemac wrote: »
    Island in the middle of the lake. The land is pretty much at water level
    Drainage is a nightmare

I bet if Arabs would live in Canada they would come up with somekind of modern solution.. build pipes cross the lake and pump excess out to mainland.. and yes Canada has a lot oil too to be able to cover the expenses :P

freestyla wrote: »
    I bet if Arabs would live in Canada they would come up with somekind of modern solution.. build pipes cross the lake and pump excess out to mainland.. and yes Canada has a lot oil too to be able to cover the expenses :P

There's a reason they've only bother to build things where it doesn't rain. :pac:

Back in the old days and men were men....

I remember when Panis won the Monaco GP and only about three cars finished

Get on with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bigboy123

RayM wrote: »
    Just looking at the lap chart... The Red Shouldered Blackbird has just set the fastest time through the first sector.

Hees coming round the final chicane!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

its goin on too long now, start racing or end it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

I bloody hope the BBC stay with this until the finish. I dont have the red button or setanta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Autosport wrote: »
    its goin on too long now, start racing or end it

Like Webber says, it is a sporting event, and the drivers want to race. They should wait for as long as it takes (presumably until it gets dark), irrespective of TV. (but like I said before, I hop BBC stay with it)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

bigboy123 wrote: »
    Hees coming round the final chicane!!!!!

In fairness, he Tweeted before the race that he was very confident about this one.

Advertisement