Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Xbox Repairer - Meath/Dublin

Options
  • 09-06-2011 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Anyone recommend an XBOX Repairer? I live in Meath and work in Blanchardstown.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Not to be the sob parade but if you get a 3rd party to repair your console theres a high chance itll get banned from xbox live.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Vicxas wrote: »
    Not to be the sob parade but if you get a 3rd party to repair your console theres a high chance itll get banned from xbox live.

Im sorry but thats absolute bull****.
    There is nothing someone can do while repairing rrod that will result in a live ban.
    If you get a third party repair make sure they use a good standard of equipment (rework station) alot of cowboys "repairing" xboxs with heatguns and screws that do way more damage than good.
    Go to justryan or consolepros there close enough to you and they use good equipment

Sigh,

Thats why i said high chance. 9/10 they're unprofessional. The new update checks your console for any voltage changes or flashes in the bios of the console, so dont come telling me its bull when i know what im on about....

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

Sigh,

Thats why i said high chance. 9/10 they're unprofessional. The new update checks your console for any voltage changes or flashes in the bios of the console, so dont come telling me its bull when i know what im on about....
    That is bull. They only check what firmware your DVD drive is running not anything got to do with voltage. Take it from someone who is already banned.

• Advertisement

Ok, well dont say i didnt warn you.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Sigh,

Even bigger sigh ;)
    I know what Im on about too I repair these thing properly in my spare time with a bga rework station.
    If your xbox has a flashed bios its jtaged and not going to be on xbox live anyway.
    And the 12v mod causing xbox live bans is a rumor thats never been proved or even reported to have happened with out someone having a flashed drive.
    And its not just the latest update that checks voltages the console always controlled and monitored the voltage especially in regard to the fan settings which are inbuilt to the nand.
    I reccomended two people that are close to the op that know what thier on about.

Fair enough, good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭golfbgud

Im sorry but thats absolute bull****.
    There is nothing someone can do while repairing rrod that will result in a live ban.
    If you get a third party repair make sure they use a good standard of equipment (rework station) alot of cowboys "repairing" xboxs with heatguns and screws that do way more damage than good.
    Go to justryan or consolepros there close enough to you and they use good equipment

I left the console with Bryan in Consolepros so we will see what happens..........

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Reball or reflow ? First 100% sure for permanent fix second for 5-6 moths at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Sigh,

Just to jump on this, it's complete bullshít. The actual people who do these repairs, and the guys who spend their time using FPGA analysis and reverse engineering the xbox know what the story is while you clearly don't. The only possible way a repairer will do anything that Microsoft can detect is if they are power on the console with no DVD power/data cable connected during the course of the repair. This triggers a flag stored in secdata.bin which will most likely result in your console DVD drive firmware being interrogated by the Microsoft Xbox Live servers for a while. If you don't flash the DVD drive there's nothing to worry about.

OP, Bryan does reballing as far as I know so you'll most likely be repaired for quite some time :D

Advertisement