Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone get the feeling college will be the best years of their lives?

• 09-06-2011 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

I'm finding it difficult to study now because I am so excited about going to college in september, NUIM hopefully:D.

I was wondering is anyone else finding it difficult to study as they feel college will be the best years of their lives?

I know I am because I'm not very outgoing and I'm really hoping for a better social life in college to balance out my educational needs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭GSI

I'm not at the min because il more than likely not get my number 1:(

I'm not even going to think about it until august:P

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭higgz

When you're in the middle of these exams, ANYTHING that comes after would feel like the best years of your life :P

But, yes, very much looking forward to college :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Best years of your life = NUIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

It's all ahead of you OP. I did my leaving cert last year and now i'm in U.L such an enjoyable year, best year in a while for me. I hated secondary school,just pointless all i cared about was the leaving cert results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭wtrdfrd18

Got my first choice last september.. NUIM.. dropped out in december! HA!

Ah no... you'll probably like it there..just wasnt for me! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Yes.

/thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

5th year was awesome (I turned 18 earlier than most people), I'll be well chuffed if college lives up to that, which I assume it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Halfpan

Just finished up a 3 year accountancy degree. I didn't get my first choice from the CAO but college still worked out to be the best 3 years of my life :). I wasn't particularly outgoing before I went to college but that changed quickly enough. Just keep studying and you can have a lot to look forward to after the exams :).

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

Yes...although anything would top secondary school ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

It should be. I've got my DCU highlighter in my pencil case just to keep me focused during the exams :o

I laugh at people saying that your school years are the best years of your life. There is no way that's true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Aoifums wrote: »
    I laugh at people saying that your school years are the best years of your life. There is no way that's true.

Luckily for you, you won't find out for another few years.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

no. depends on what type of person u are tho. i miss school so much..such a good laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I'm only in 5th year but I can't wait until college :D even though I don't know what I want to do yet.. I hate school :(

NotExactly wrote: »
    Luckily for you, you won't find out for another few years.:D

Not really. I presume no one would go to college if it was any crappier than primary and secondary.

Aoifums wrote: »
    Not really. I presume no one would go to college if it was any crappier than primary and secondary.

You haven't completed college yet, how do you know if your experience will be better in college than school?

in college tho money becomes mch bigger deal, lifes not relaxed and sometimes ur close mates might move away somewhere else.

partyndbs wrote: »
    in college tho money becomes mch bigger deal, lifes not relaxed and sometimes ur close mates might move away somewhere else.

Cheers for puttin' a downer on the whole ''college will be the best years'' thread.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

partyndbs wrote: »
    sometimes ur close mates might move away somewhere else.

Ya that will be my biggest worry. I've been known the majority of my friends since primary school. That's 13 years!. I bet we will end up going to different colleges :(

NotExactly wrote: »
    You haven't completed college yet, how do you know if your experience will be better in college than school?

Because it couldn't be worse than secondary. No one would stand that for another four (or three or whatever) years if it could be worse.

Why am I replying to downer posts :confused:

secondary was grand such a laugh

• Advertisement
Advertisement