Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things about Live Gigs that annoy you...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

outdoor gigs:

* rain, when it rains its really cold in this country
    * queues for portable toilets, queues for bar, i just gave up drinking at outdoor gigs because you would never find your way back to where you were anyway at big gigs

indoor gigs:

* people throwing beer up in the air :mad:
    * 7ft sweaty barechested longhairs standing in front of you, its the same at every gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

The way he cheated on his wife.......

I'll get my coat :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

All the ones mentioned plus ...unwashed hyper-flatulent ****ers reeking of B.O!!!:mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Was at a gig in the Roisin Dubh, Galway awhile ago, which was nearly ruined towards the end by f*ckwits trying to get by me with drinks,it would happen every two minutes, very distracting. Either stay at the bar or wait till it's over.
    Also gobsh1tes persistantly roaring out song titles, I don't think the band are going to change their setlist just for you, so shut the f*ck up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

People who dont ask you can they pass you but instead just plow through you
    People who keep going to the bar every few minutes
    Women who like to puff up their hair every few seconds while you are behind them
    When some random person pushes you into a mosh pit for no reason

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭IrishCian

Did we mention crap sound?

Yeaaah

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

The whole phone thing annoys me too. Another thing that annoys me too is when people just stand there the whole time nodding their head with their arms crossed instead of just getting into the music. The same people usually get annoyed if things get a bit hectic during a good song and give you dirty looks or tell you to get off them if you knock into them. It's a ****ing gig, if you didn't want any close contact then go get a poxy seating ticket next time!

Yeah, how dare someone try try and enjoy the band they've paid money to see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The "why do people drink at gigs" brigade that proliferate on these boards after any medium to large sized event.

It's a ****ing rock gig or festival, get over it, people like a day out, down a few drinks, have the craic, enjoy the music - these things aren't mutually exclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

As for at the gig itself, anything piss related (as in on or directly beside other people) and queues would be my main beef. Brutal.

Most of this other stuff could be solved by people just moving to a different part of the venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

nm wrote: »
    The "why do people drink at gigs" brigade that proliferate on these boards after any medium to large sized event.

It's a ****ing rock gig or festival, get over it, people like a day out, down a few drinks, have the craic, enjoy the music - these things aren't mutually exclusive.

I don't think that's what people have an issue with, people drinking at a gig is no problem but people drunk out of their minds are irritating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    I don't think that's what people have an issue with, people drinking at a gig is no problem but people drunk out of their minds are irritating.

It's more like people getting up constantly out of their seats meaning everybody in the row has to get up and let them out, then let them back in. And it constantly happens throughout the gig. In and out and in and out and in.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,436 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

escpeially for gigs in the o2 people seated coming in just when the band starts.

People who go to the wrong row or section and try and persuade you that youre sitting in there seats but youre not

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Being one of the shortest people in the standing section for most of the gigs I'm at - and how the tallest person there always seems to think that standing right in front of me is an ideal spot.

The price of tickets

The fact that a lot of bands I like don't include Ireland on their tours :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Encores, they're a pain in me fcukin hole

Band goes off, 5 mins of cheering, band come on and play 2 more

Band goes off, 5 mins of cheering, band come back and play 1 or 2 more

WHY NOT JUST STAY THE FCUK ON THE STAGE AND PLAY A FEW EXTRA SONGS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

And the singer saying, you sing this (or words to that effect)

I'VE JUST PAID 50 QUID TO SEE YA, I'M NOT GONNA DO YER JOB FOR YA!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Pretentious and condescending bands - List is endless

Bouncers

Cameras

Advertisement