Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notes help!!

Options
  • 09-06-2011 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Is there any chance anyone out there would have the tin whistle notes for the "I can't help falling in Love with you" tune by "Lick the Tins" I'm not able to play by ear can only play by learning off the notes but would really love to learn this tune.
    Thanks guys

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Not sure if their version is in a D whistle friendly key, so you may need a different whistle if you want to play it exactly like them, but assuming you're not playing it with other people, you can just do this on your D whistle:

Second octave: GBD EFGFE DEFG ABC(nat) BAG etc..

There's a few common polkas at the end, Denis Murphy's and John Ryan's etc..

P.S. Learn to play by ear, it's the only way you'll get things like this as sheet music for specific versions like this are difficult to find!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Deemol

Cheers for that, it's just for myself for now anyway (don't have the confidence to play with others yet) Would love to play by ear, will keep practicing and hopefully will get it soon
    Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Angieirish

Sorry to bother you but what key tin whistle does lick the tin play this tune? I've to learn it as a surprise!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Angieirish wrote: »
    Sorry to bother you but what key tin whistle does lick the tin play this tune? I've to learn it as a surprise!

You'd want to be playing it in whatever key the person singing it is in, or whoever you're playing the melody with. If you're playing only the melody on your own, then it doesn't matter what key you choose. In that case I think what I posted above should more or less get you started on a D whistle.

Advertisement