Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes collection leaflets

Options
  • 09-06-2011 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I was rudely awoken this morning by what sounded like someone having a good auld go at my front door at about 7. I live alone so it wasn't a housemate or partner trying to come in.

When I went down I found the now familiar clothes collection sticker on my hall floor. Is there anything I can do about this, they were clearly trying to break in. Are the Gardai interested in this sort of stuff ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

KTRIC wrote: »
    Are the Gardai interested in this sort of stuff ?
    Never any harm in ringing your local Garda Station and telling them there is a van/people acting suspiciously in the area.
    I heard something similiar was happening yesterday evening in the Dublin 12 area as a work mate was quite concerned when she arrived in work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Sundew wrote: »
    Never any harm in ringing your local Garda Station and telling them there is a van/people acting suspiciously in the area.
    I heard something similiar was happening yesterday evening in the Dublin 12 area as a work mate was quite concerned when she arrived in work!

Strangely enough I live in D12. I'll speak to the Gardai later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Are you sure they were trying to break in? Myself and the good lady bought our first place there a few months ago after having rented apartments for years. We can't get over the sheer volume of these leaflets (and other junk mail) that comes through the letterbox.
    Often they are delivered very early in the morning (I get up at 7am, before that even) and the person(s) responsible can be very very noisy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Are you sure they were trying to break in? Myself and the good lady bought our first place there a few months ago after having rented apartments for years. We can't get over the sheer volume of these leaflets (and other junk mail) that comes through the letterbox.
    Often they are delivered very early in the morning (I get up at 7am, before that even) and the person(s) responsible can be very very noisy.

They tried the handle on the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

KTRIC wrote: »
    They tried the handle on the door.

Well that's a pretty good sign so. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I've been in a new house for two weeks and already I've a ton of these leaflets. I've a load of old clothes to get rid of too but I don't trust these operations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

dan1895 wrote: »
    I've been in a new house for two weeks and already I've a ton of these leaflets. I've a load of old clothes to get rid of too but I don't trust these operations.

Good on you. Most of them are scams. Drop your old clothes into one of the many charity shops around the place. Occassionally you will get the same in the door from legit charities but for the most part they are scams.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

A member of the family has a mobile home (in the arse hole of nowhere) on a private site in Wexford (And I mean private...IE: their own field)

They are forever getting these stickers rolled up and stuck in the hinge of the gates, and believe me its in the arse hole of nowhere, not even on a boreen, more like a dirt track.

These people get around

Advertisement