Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Day in DkIT for members of the public

Options
  • 09-06-2011 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

Open Day for the Community
    This week DkIT is hosting an Open Afternoon for members of the community (Thursday 9th). This is your opportunity to come and see DkIT, to explore your curiosity about what the College does and to see the campus.

In May 1971 Dundalk Regional Technical College was officially opened by the then Minister for Education, Padraig Faulkner. Forty years later Dundalk Institute of Technology is continuing to offer the people of the region opportune ities for higher education and all the benefits that come with it, including better chances of employment. The College now has over 5,000 full time students, includes the iconic Carrolls Factory Building and has a growing reputation for research.

This year DkIT is celebrating its 40th anniversary and so far has hosted a series of guest performances and speakers.

The Open Afternoon will include a tour of the Campus, an opportunity to hear about hoe DkIT supports entrepreneurship, to see the Library, a chance to hear of the Colleges approaches towards embedding sustainable development in its work and information on courses that DkIT offers.

Matthews Coaches are offering a free bus to DkIT on the 9th. This bus leaves the Old Shopping Centre at 1.45 pm and will return at 4.30 pm.

Events in DkIT kick off at 2.00 pm in the Whitaker Theatre, Whiktaker Building.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

can I go even if I've spent 4 years there already!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

was a very poor turnout. I would have thought people would like to go for a nosey. Badly advertised

Advertisement