Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half meteor question, half phone advice....

Options
  • 09-06-2011 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey so I just a Galaxy S2 there yesterday on meteors 50e per month plan with the 2gb allowance.

Love the phone played with it all day in town, checking out apps etc. Got home and logged in to meteor since the widget just wouldn't work(anyone else?) and when I logged in it told I had 228mb of my 250mb used.

Now should I concern myself about this, I am on the 2gb so I don't feel I should care what the website says since my contract is what it is.

It's not right if they try and overcharge me. Anyone else have a similar problem, if so what was the outcome?

My S2 is practically a blank slate right now so if anyone has some advice on what are the essential things I should download for the phone as a starter? Useful apps and that kind of thing. I'm not sure where I could begin.

The main s2 thread is hell of a lot of pages to read through!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Assume nothing. Ring them up and confirm your usage.

*whistles* http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4436079/welp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You would have to use 950gigs to get a data bill that high. It's 2c per MB.

All new customers automatically get 250MB free for 30 days anyways, what you are seeing is the pro-rata billing. You signed up yesterday, but you won't have the full allocation until the 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

srsly78 wrote: »
    Assume nothing. Ring them up and confirm your usage.

*whistles* http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4436079/welp.png

+1
    And make sure your get the full name of who your speaking to for when the trouble starts later on. Also be very careful when reading your bills they have some scary billing issues which are an absolute nightmare to fix.
    Your first bill is probably going to be 70 or 80 euro as it's 50pm + partial allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

You get a free allowance of 250MB for the first month IIRC? Any data usage comes out of the 250MB first, then your inclusive plan allowance kicks in.

chrislad wrote: »
    You would have to use 950gigs to get a data bill that high. It's 2c per MB.

All new customers automatically get 250MB free for 30 days anyways, what you are seeing is the pro-rata billing. You signed up yesterday, but you won't have the full allocation until the 15th.

Look at the date on the screenshot. That bill was from using 9GB out of 10GB allowance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

srsly78 wrote: »
    Look at the date on the screenshot. That bill was from using 9GB out of 10GB allowance.

June 2010? It's 2011. New data pricing has been in for the last 6 months.

Well done for noticing. It's an old screenshot, from the old price plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

are you sure it is not 228MBs left and not used - just a taught

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DrainBamaged

chrislad wrote: »

Well I was the guy in the shop had said "enjoy playing with your new phone.....in about a week".

I hate being patient.

Advertisement