Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparative study : Quotes

• 09-06-2011 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone have any quotes that they'd care to share for the comparative study ... LOS ,D@L and IP ? I have none so it would help alot ... Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

You don't need quotes; reference to moments in the texts is far more important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I think I need quotes because we're using Shakespeare in our comparative rather than as the single study.. >_<

Even if it's Shakespeare, you don't need near the amount that you would in the Single Text. It'd be hard to discuss the role of women without "frailty, thy name is woman".

deemark wrote: »
    Even if it's Shakespeare, you don't need near the amount that you would in the Single Text. It'd be hard to discuss the role of women without "frailty, thy name is woman".

Different Shakespeare I think! :P I have The Tempest. :) Role of the women will be mainly based around Miranda so.. Poor old Miranda..

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Different Shakespeare I think! :P I have The Tempest. :) Role of the women will be mainly based around Miranda so.. Poor old Miranda..

Oops, presumed 'twas Hamlet. Poor oul' Miranda indeed.

• Advertisement

deemark wrote: »
    Oops, presumed 'twas Hamlet. Poor oul' Miranda indeed.

I've only learned 4 quotes for it anyway.. but apparently it has to be the main text referred to in the comparative.. I'd much have preferred to use My Sister's Keeper..

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I've only learned 4 quotes for it anyway.. but apparently it has to be the main text referred to in the comparative.. I'd much have preferred to use My Sister's Keeper..

Doesn't have to be, it's up to yourself.

Oh cool, thanks a million.. :)

Advertisement