Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Educate Together in Secondary School

• 09-06-2011 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

Since there isn't a secondary school forum, I hope it's ok to put this here.

I've just received an email from Educate Together stating:
    If you have been following our progress closely over the last few months you'll know that a lot has been achieved. With the help of our supporters we have been able to secure 2 new primary school openings in September 2011 and have been formally recognised as a second-level patron. This opens the door for us all to make an Educate Together second-level school a reality. A real building, with teachers and students, providing a choice for Irish parents in how they want their children to be educated. ...

I am appealing to you now to help us to maintain the momentum we have achieved together. In the coming months we will need to act on the Minister's announcement and apply pressure to turn it into a real, living and breathing Educate Together secondary school. We have applications pending for schools in Drogheda, Dublin, North Wicklow, Waterford, Limerick, Galway, Cork and more. The Department of Education and Skills will be making decisions soon about who exactly will run the 20 new second-level schools required to meet demand in Ireland in the next 3-5 years.

Just thought I'd share this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I got that mail too. I'm not aware of startup groups in those areas so I'm curious if the rules are different for starting a new secondary school. For primary schools you must demonstrate a local demand for a school. I'd assume that it would be the same at second level.

I'll be watching this closely myself. In my town there's only one second level school (and an excellent one by all accounts) but having an alternative can't be a bad thing.

That email was a fundraising one for the patron body. I will say that I've been involved from the very start (first startup group meeting) for our ET school and I won't be rushing out to raise any money for the patron body. I've yet to see them deserve it.

Advertisement