Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stupid Satellite Question

• 09-06-2011 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to use a satellite dish indoors? I live in an apartment complex but we're not allowed dishes on the balconies and getting a communal dish seems to be a non-runner. My balcony runs along the entire length of my living room so I was wondering if I'd somehow be able to use a satellite dish indoors facing the window or something?

I'd really like to get BBC Red Button access but Magnet don't provide that and I can't switch to Sky or any other provider due to exclusivity and such.

Just wondering if I could somehow get FreeSat or FTA or something by using an internal aerial or dish?

Sorry for the stupid questions :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Apogee

Yes, answered in this thread recently.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056288757

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Cheers, although it seems my apartment is facing in the wrong direction. I checked that dishpointer site and the line goes straight through the back of my apartment block and I'm at the front of the building so I don't think I can get a signal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Apogee

If you don't have line-of-sight from a south-facing view, there is nothing you can do. Other than approach the apartment management again and see if they will install a communal dish setup.

Advertisement