Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated Stay away from Ripplecom Broadband!!! Losing Download Speed Mystery Solved...

• 09-06-2011 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

1. Hi All, recently i sign in with Ripplecom Broadband. The offer stands:
    up to 8 Mbit Unlimited Download Upload for 39.99
    For first week everything was OK I got 1 mbit upload and up tu 5 Mbit Download I was very happy. After week my Download speed dropped to 2 Mbit. After trying contact Technical Support (took me few hours till any one answer my call)
    Guy from Technical support told me that he dont know what happend an it very strange and he will try to fix it. After 5 hours my download speeds back tu normal... that was OK I Think... thinks happens..

Yes... after month it happend again haha transfer dropped to 15Kbits Download and Upload!!!!!! For Whole Day from 9:00 AM I was trying to rich then on the phone, finally left them massage... Someone call me back at 18:30 same day left me massage with question do i still have this issue and to call them back fastest I can... So I did call them at 18:40 and... Had to listen that office is Closed...

Next Day same thing 15kbits per sec haha Call them again someone answered straight away and that is the point where MYSTERY GOT SOLVED.

I was told that i cant download during day because other customers suffer on lack of transfer!!!!!!!!!!! HAHA And Administrator cut me off!!!!!
    What a F?!& And thy can do that and they will if i will still download during day!!! Can you believe in THIS?? Have to add i didint get any notice or explanation before that happend

UNLIMITED UP to 8mbit/sec my ASS

Just Stay away from Ripplecom You can find many people complaining on loosing download transfer after week from installation and They dont Know why... Here YOU GO THAT'S WHY

Sorry for my not too good English

Originally Posted by http://www.ripplecom.net
    Excessive Use
    No system has unlimited resources, and we expect you to act responsibly when consuming resources on our
    system(s). If you consume excessive resources on our system we may suspend your access at any time without
    prior notice. You must ensure that your activity does not improperly degrade any other user’s use of the Ripplecom
    service, nor represent an unusually large burden on the network. In addition, you must ensure that your activities do
    not improperly restrict Ripplecom’s ability to deliver the service and monitor the service and/or network.
    Fair Use Policy – Broadband
    Ripplecom continuously monitors network performance and reviews the speed and connections available to heavy
    users (typically less than 1 per cent of all customers). Ripplecom monitors these heavy users to ensure that their usage is not impacting other subscribers in terms of bandwidth availability and connections created. Customers who are
    classified as very heavy users may experience reduced speed, for as long as very heavy use continues. This applies
    to customers on all Options. We may need to vary the policy from time to time to ensure the best possible experience
    for all our customers. Our website will always be kept up to date with the latest information.

2. One more thing, that is a internet copy of their policy that i never red and that because i didint get one and no one told me about that. I ordered Ripplecom broadband thru one of the Eircom offices... I never talk to any of Repplicom agents and never recived any welcom letters or policy, contract copys, and even didint sight contract. Only thing i sign up for was pace of paper with my address on it bank details and option i want with was UP to 8Mbit unlimited usage.
    Now they telling me I cant Cancel Contract... What contract ??? Do they have right to do this? Dosnt sound right to me, Im confused... Can they charge me Fee for next 11 months if i cancel?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Looks like you were throttled, what is your data allowance ( cap) in Gb ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Peter1083

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Looks like you were throttled, what is your data allowance ( cap) in Gb ??

Unlimited... That is the problem turns out it isnt.
    Morning i got cut off I turn on downloading on my Playstation (want to download game that i bought on PSN) and after 20 min my download transfer dropped to 15 kbit... guy from ripplecom told me they got complain from other customer that morning that cant open websites... HAHA If they advertise Unlimited Usage and up to 8 MBits and after me using arround 400kbit/sec choked their Server???
    That is a BIG JOKE

And i have to add that during my talk with ripplecom guy i got back my transfer straight away that happend today in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 23 awedf

Peter1083 wrote: »
    Unlimited... That is the problem turns out it isnt.
    Excessive Use
    No system has unlimited resources, and we expect you to act responsibly when consuming resources on our
    system(s). If you consume excessive resources on our system we may suspend your access at any time without
    prior notice. You must ensure that your activity does not improperly degrade any other user’s use of the Ripplecom
    service, nor represent an unusually large burden on the network. In addition, you must ensure that your activities do
    not improperly restrict Ripplecom’s ability to deliver the service and monitor the service and/or network.
    Fair Use Policy – Broadband
    Ripplecom continuously monitors network performance and reviews the speed and connections available to heavy
    users (typically less than 1 per cent of all customers). Ripplecom monitors these heavy users to ensure that their usage is not impacting other subscribers in terms of bandwidth availability and connections created. Customers who are
    classified as very heavy users may experience reduced speed, for as long as very heavy use continues. This applies
    to customers on all Options. We may need to vary the policy from time to time to ensure the best possible experience
    for all our customers. Our website will always be kept up to date with the latest information.

http://www.ripplecom.net/media/pdf/Acceptable-Usage-Policy.pdf

How much overall did you download on the computer and ps3 before they turned down your speed?

awedf wrote: »

How much overall did you download on the computer and ps3 before they turned down your speed?

Mmmm didnt read that :) If i Did I would pick different Supplier.
    Thanks That was useful. My usage is Hevy because i buying Games through internet so i have to download them. Anyway thanks for checking that for me i say Ripplecom isnt a gamers best choice :(

Propably i shold delate part in my post about liars and frauds and read before sign up haha
    But anyway putting Unlimited Usage in offer is a lie Its controlled and Limited , Definition of word Unlimited is straight, its like saying i give you my phone for free all you have to do is pay me 300 Euro :)
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Always check the fine print..... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I think ComReg should be contacted about that. In my opinion, that T&C is unenforcable as they had advertised the unlimited nature of the product and nowhere in that T&C do they clarify a different usage. Therefore "excessive usage" is purely aribrary (or rather, it doesn't even exist) and contracts can't have open-ended statements and clauses like that.

Ripplecom need to be called up on this, there was enough furore about UPC and their supposedly unlimited service but at least they gave a clear and valid limit in the small print.

awedf wrote: »

One more thing, that is a internet copy of their policy that i never red and that because i didint get one and no one told me about that. I ordered Ripplecom broadband thru one of the Eircom offices... I never talk to any of Repplicom agents and never recived any welcom letters or policy, contract copys, and even didint sight contract. Only thing i sign up for was pace of paper with my address on it bank details and option i want with was UP to 8Mbit unlimited usage.
    Now they telling me I cant Cancel Contract... What contract ??? Do they have right to do this? Dosnt sound right to me, Im confused... Can they charge me Fee for next 11 months if i cancel?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

You should probably give ComReg a shout and see what they make of it. They have this bit on their website: http://www.askcomreg.ie/internet/my_service_provider_has_advertised_an_%22unlimited_package%22___what_does_this_mean_for_me.5.154.LE.asp

Seeing as Ripplecom don't have any usage limit specified, it's unfair on the customer to have to second-guess when they are using too much.

Advertisement