Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hornady 55gr v-max

Options
  • 09-06-2011 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

How much are ye guys paying for them, i bought a box today for 30, didnt want to buy in bulk before i know they shoot well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Comeraghshooter

ormondprop wrote: »
    How much are ye guys paying for them, i bought a box today for 30, didnt want to buy in bulk before i know they shoot well

Hi Ormondprop

I got 10 Boxes last week for 250 euro so 25 euro a box.
    I have to say there the best round Ive used in .223, they group savage Ive had them out as far as 500m on paper and they do some job on the foxes!

CS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Havent got to shoot them yet, so far the best has been american eagle, they're grouping lovely, less than an inch this morning at 180 yards, federal 55gr sp are like a shotgun, 55gr sp fiocchi's group ok, have a box of hornady 75gr bthp and 55gr v-max to test next, very happy with american eagle though for a cheap round, so if the hornady arent much better i cud be buying them in bulk, has anybody else any other recommendations, the good remmy stuff like the accu tips seem very Pricey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

..............the good remmy stuff like the accu tips seem very Pricey

When I was misguided and had a .223 :D these were the very best .......... even better than Hornady (washing my mouth out with soap for such sacrilage:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

26.30 in clarkes navan, send a pic message of your licence and they post them out to you the next day

http://www.sportsden.ie/guns/gun-accessories/ammunition.html

:eek: promoting remington, tack is going to love you, where were you buying them or roughly what price, they seem to be over the 30 mark anyway,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

:eek: promoting remington, tack is going to love you, where were you buying them or roughly what price, they seem to be over the 30 mark anyway,

I actually prefer Hornady Ammo to Remmy ammo in Rifles

€26 for 55 grain Hornady is what I pay

I got a quote of 14.50 for american eagle or 25 for hornady if i buy in bulk, he's a dealer i like doing business with so i think i'll take them when i have the money, just have to test the hornady and see are they worth the extra money,

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭fitzy700

barron sports in ennis will do the vmax for 23 a box if you buy 5 boxes
    that seems to be the cheapest i could find around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

........where were you buying them or roughly what price, they seem to be over the 30 mark anyway,

Sean in Stakelums had 'em. He was in Urlingford at the time :eek: Can't remember what they cost but they were dearer than Hornady BUT as I said they were brilliant!

Incidentally 50 grain American Eagle were brilliant too and were a lot cheaper than they are now ;) Think they were €8ish per box

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

got them in drangan of paul o haloran not too long ago ,think they were 24 a box when you bought 100 or more ...

ian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

got them for 26 a box in atlantic sports in carlow hes all out at the moment,i presume he would do better if you were buying in bulk

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

27 for a box of V-max in Lakeland shooting Centre Mullingar, Westmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Shane.sf

I really like the American eagle round for my 223 when I'm target shooting. I find it to be the best round for my gun and the price is brilliant. I get them in my local shop for about 11 euro depending on how many I buy.

Advertisement